Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I am totally immune to Vampirism.......bug?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Lost Boy

I am totally immune to Vampirism.......bug?

I have taken over the past few days about 10,000 points of damage from those vampires near Balmora and am still uninfected. I think I'm going to lose it. Seriously. Hep me before I kill soneone in frustration.
Is there a "become vampire" cheat code?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:54 pm

BLeh

*spolier*

If you've done enough of the main quest to the point that you have been cured of coprus, you cannot acquire the disease that causes you to become a vampire. Since your resistance to diseases is 100%, you can't contract it. If this is the case, you can use the command player->setresistdisease 0 in the console to change it so you can get vampirism.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 6:04 pm

Lost Boy

Dammit !

Ok, I set my resist disease to 0 and took another 5000 hp damage from them today. Nothing. Absolutley no infection.
Is there another handy location of vamps to try this with? Or a "become Vampire " command? I'm going nuts here.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:39 pm

Glass

I ran into the same problem, here's the quick fix.

Fire up the editor, and create a new object, preferably a ring or amulet. Name it "Ring of Vampirism" or some such. Now, if you're familiar with scripting, open up the script editor and look for a script called Vampire_<clanname>_PC, where <clanname> should be replaced with the name of the vampire clan you wish to join. Now, copy that script into a new script and toss an "if worn" type statement in front of it. Now, all you have to do is put the ring somewhere easy to find, get it, and wear it, and poof, instant vampirism. You can even take the ring off and still remain a vampire.

If you're not comfortable editing scripts, there's an alternative. Create the ring/amulet/whatever, then, attach one of the existing scripts, such as Vampire_Aundae_PC, to the object. Now, place the object in any interior you choose, and save the plugin. Open ESIII with your new plugin enabled, and now whenever you walk into that room, you'll become a vampire. Poof. Just like that.

One word of caution. If there are other people playing on the same copy of Morrowind, or you're playing more than one character, either be sure to disable the plugin before you start playing, or avoid the room that it's in completely, as you'll inadvertantly change yourself into a vampire, and when you're level 3, that can suck. A lot.

Hope this helped.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:53 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

well... did you take damage or did the vampire BITE you? cuz he hasta BITE BITE BITE NYA NYANYANYANYNAANYANYNA

Don't you feel better now?
Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:16 am
Glass

Actually, there's never any actual "biting" occuring. Basically, the game represents biting via the spell vampiric touch, which, when cast on the player, has a chance of infecting them with the disease that leads to vampirism (Can't remember exactly what it's called, I think it starts with a T).

And no, if he's already progressed into the main quest, then he's immune to vampirism. That's the only thing that I know of that would prevent one from becoming a vampire. See my solution above if you still really wanna be a vampire.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:22 am

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

well... dude.... that stinks.... sort of.... cuz.... well you gotta do your 11 quests early and THEN BAM do the ANTI VAMP quest and become HUMAN and finish main quest and its all good.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:29 am