Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Hand to Hand Viable?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Morolinith-- yes, you can knock someone out each time. see, hth does not effect health AT ALL, unless the person is alerady unconcious. What it does effect it fatigue. When you hit people with hth, thier fatigue points drop, when they drop they swing less acuratly, then they move slower, then they get all vegtabilized and useless, and then they get knocked out. and your fatique raises REALLY slow, so soon as they get back up, SMACk you knock em down again.

Also, i am not sure wheather a dev said this or just somebogy in a forum, but i the person said that armor has no effect on hth, meaning hth goes right through armor. Cause armor does health. The only thing that can stop hth is shields
Post Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:10 pm

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

That doesn't really make sense that HtH is unaffected by armor, 'cause wouldn't plate mail stop a punch as effectively as a shield.

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:45 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I would think that a shield would hurt more. Don't ask me why I think that, I just do.

Fighting hand to hand in plate mail will propably nuke-bomb your fatigue level...

Anyone here going to make a Monk-esque character?
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:47 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I wasn't going to make a Monk character, but someone on the boards inspired me to make a Mugger type character with high Hth, oh the possibilities

=Champion of Khorne=
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:50 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

haha, I definately plan to mug people. But, I couldn't picture myself being like, "Give me that bag", and then putting up my fists and engage in a fist fight for a couple of minutes. If I'm ever going to mug someone, I'll jab my knife into their spine so I can take their stuff and be out of their, clean as can be.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:53 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I was thinking a Mugger along the lines of only killing them if they try and fight back with a weapon. Or maybe i'll just learn Fireball and earn my loot that way

---BURN 'EM ALL LADDY AHAHAHAHAH----

=Champion of Khorne=
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:57 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I remember a developer post where he was testing some sort of fire spell, and he set the radius of the spell effect to an absurd setting. Anyways, he went to the middle of the town, cast the spell, and killed every single person in the town.

If that's your style of mugging, sounds pretty damn fun to me!
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:59 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

My god, they haven't created a game, they've created a monster, I'll never work/sleep/do schoolwork/talk to girlfriend/talk to real people in general/ anymore.

How do i cancel my pre-order, Morrowind must be stopped

I've never played a game where i could kill a whole town and then loot it before.

=Champion of Khorne=
Post Wed May 01, 2002 4:14 am
Morolinith
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I plan on playing a Monk Custom character first. These skills will probably change a bit.

Name: Morolinith
Race: Argonian
Birthsign: The Steed
Class: Monk (Custom)

Major Skills
Hand-to-Hand
Unarmoured
Security
Sneak
Restoration

Minor Skills
Alchemy
Athletics
Acrobatics
Marksman
Speechcraft

Favored Attributes will be Strength and Endurance because those are a bit low for my liking with the Argonian.

I hope you can raise a skill on knocked out people because I plan on knocking them out and then Finishing
them with a blunt weapon to train that skill.

I am also planning on playing custom versions of a Battlemage, Assassin, and a Warrior.

Thanks for the reply on that HtH Question.
M.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 5:52 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Fredric
haha, I definately plan to mug people.

Haha, I definately plan to do not mug people .
Post Wed May 01, 2002 6:45 am

<smacks own head> I started this topic thinking nice, kindly thoughts about going hand to hand so as not to inadvertantly injure any of the local population and to avoid killing even the most vile beasts unless they give me no other recourse...

and you guys are all perverting it into "good idea - lets mug innocent townsfolk and then practice beating upon their helpless body with a blunt object!" Or heck, that's too much bother, lets just nuke the whole town and loot their lifeless, charred corpses...

ROFL, give people an engaging, inspiring fantasy world to frolic in and explore and they can't wait to ravage it. I feel like I'm a naive hobbit and you guys are Saruron incarnate!! You should use a big fiery eye for your signature!!

BTW I am encouraged start out with a straight H2H unarmored character and see how it goes. I always try it in most every game and usually never stick with it cause they usually can't compete with nice weapon and armor drops available to traditional fighters. Still, I always have to try to recreate the glory days of my old D&D monk.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 9:17 am

Lol, stop stealing my mugger character, and for you nukers, the beuty of hth is when you mug people, your bounty level goes up less than if you murder em (The higher your bounty gets the more money is on your head and the more gaurds want to hurt you)

anyway, i am making somewhat of a monk character, but hes more suited for coming out of the shadows and beating the shit outa people, then slinking away

Major
--Acrobatics --strength +15
--Hand to Hand --speed +5
--Athletics --speed +5
--Marksman --agility
--sneak --agility +5

Minor
--light armor --agility +5
--Merchantile --personality
--Speechcraft --personality
--illusion --personality
--security --intelligence +5

Strength Intelligence Willpower Agility
40 40 30 50

Speed Endurance Personality luck
40 30 40 40

SPECIAL
Eye of night-- infravision
Eye of fear-- scares people

Birthsign; The shadow
--invis for 60 seconds at a time

The best part is if your khajit, you can use eye of fear and scare people away, then use the increaesed acrobatics to leap away over rooves. Then go invis with moonshadow and hide morrowind is gonna own
Post Thu May 02, 2002 2:17 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
<smacks own head>I feel like I'm a naive hobbit and you guys are Saruron incarnate!! You should use a big fiery eye for your signature!!

I do use a big fiery eye.
Post Thu May 02, 2002 2:24 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

[quote="Anonymous"]Lol, stop stealing my mugger character

So it was your idea, thanks, i try and give credit where credit is due.

And to the person who says we perveted their idea of HtH, i usually play good characters, but the simple fact that i could be evil is rather intriguing

=Champion of Khorne=
Post Thu May 02, 2002 3:53 am

Yes, it is great that the game lets you be truly evil. Or, like me you can start out all goody-goody and then start the random slaughtering after you get perverted by power.

I wonder how many have gone the other way, started out evil and then tried to make amends after a crisis of conscience (or maybe just after selfishly realizing all the negatives associated with being a homicidal maniac)?
Post Thu May 02, 2002 9:01 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next