Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Oops. Pacho got killed by an Orc. Is this a problem?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Just outside the Old Camp I ran into Pacho, who warned me to stay away from the Orcs. Of course I ingnored him, killed a number of Orc dogs and then ran into an Orc in the flesh. I nailed him a few times with my bone bow, but in the end he chased me out into the old Camp area, at which point, while I was eating a healing herb, he killed Pacho. Now, is this going to be a problem later on? Is Pacho someone I will need later in the game? I prefer him to stay dea simply because I have been looking for a fifth apple for ages, for the quest given to me by that joker at the top of the New Mine in the New Camp, and Pacho had one.
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:38 am

Pacho isn't important. Neither are the two others that guard different entrance to the Orc land. Pyranha Bytes' idea was that if the character has no name, he says same thing as every other character of his rank. (guards, templars... etc). There are a couple of exceptions. Like: mercs who guard entrance to Lee and Mages, entrance to Old Camp castle, Sect Camp temple.

some characters with names aren't important either. They just say something one time. Like: Glen in old mine is there to sell lock picks.

I'm gonna try to make a list of characters you can't kill( in the beginning of the game, you might or even HAVE TO kill them later on ) ... this is not 100% accurate, I might leave some out
:::::Following Characters are needed to complete the game:::::::

Yberion, Cor Kalom, Cor Angar, Lester, Thorus, Diego, Gomez, Raven, Milten, Corristo, Saturas, Cronos, Gorn, Ian, Asghan, Xardas, Ur-Shak, Tarrok, two templars at the bottom of the Old mine... near Viper their names start with Gor ....

If you kill any of these, chances are you wont be able to complete the game.
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:38 am

Cazz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

With the special exception of Thorus, Gomez, and Raven....who's time will come later
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:41 am