monster blocking door : how to fix?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
lapino
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

monster blocking door : how to fix?

I'm in a dungeon and I can't open a door because it turn inwards and there's a monster behind it (blocking the door). very stupid bug. is there a way to 'force' the monster behind the door to move so i can open it?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:16 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Open the console and type RA
(reset actors)
the critter will move to its original point.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:23 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: monster blocking door : how to fix?

quote:
Originally posted by lapino
I'm in a dungeon and I can't open a door because it turn inwards and there's a monster behind it (blocking the door). very stupid bug. is there a way to 'force' the monster behind the door to move so i can open it?

I've also been able to 'activate' the door while moving forward and successfully push the door open against the monster (which was a rat).

When it occurred with my mage, I just summoned an Ancestor Ghost who appeared on the other side of the door and killed the rats for me. Never do yourself what you can get someone else to do.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:54 pm
Bigfoot!
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: monster blocking door : how to fix?

quote:
Originally posted by lapino

Another trick I've used for this annoying event is opening the console (~ key by default) and typing "tcl" ( without the quotes--stands for toggle collisions); this will allow you to walk through the door and reach the critter. As soon as you do, type "tcl" again to return things to normal.

Bigfoot!
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:16 pm