Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ok, I really am stumped at this point! Spoiler needed.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ok, I really am stumped at this point! Spoiler needed.

I can't actually DO anything in the game any more. Since I can't do any of the mercenary fights except the two easiest ones, I really only have the thieves guild quests to do right now. But I have no idea how to progress in this, so I need a spoiler. All I have done is deliver the packet to the thief in the bar. That's it - no clue as to what to do next. It seems that all I am doing is running around looking for a low-level monster to kill and talking to people that have nothing new to say.

Quests I have left that I can't do are:

Fights in Mercenary guild.

The weed package (I have to find it)

Forbidden pasture (Find Wolf a job/Let Balthazar use the pasture) - the trigger for this has not happened yet at the Pasture. I think there is a fight that triggers these but as yet it hasn't happened.

Further information for Garvell (gave him a couple of tips a while back but there's nothing new)

Bandit raids - need to find who is the dealer in town.

Bosper's Bow
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:29 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmmm i dont see what your problem is here. Just find the weed package, it can help u to join the mercs. You can talk to the militia at the free beer stad and drink with him than he will give you some info for garvell. I think its time for you to join one of the guilds after that. the job with the package for the thief is just completed as far as i know.

anywayz just enjoy this game and you will progress no matter what!
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:45 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

I guess you haven't challenged Rod yet, here is a simple ways to beat him.

Rod thinks of you as a little sissy, tell him you're not and he will say you can't lift him sword, tell him you can and he will give it to you him sword. 30 strenght is needed to lift it and it doesn't matter if you can't lift his sword. After you tried (I failed all the times) he will ask his sword back. Don't give it and he will start fighting you with his fists, beat him down using your own sword. After he gets up again ask him if he will voted for you, he'll ask his sword back first, give it to him and he'll voted for you.

You are now also able to tell Jarvis you've beaten up one of Sylvio's men.
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:23 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well.. grow stronger and you will bet everbody but is not necesary do do that in order to be accepted in the mercs guild.. there are severa quest and you need to do most not all to be acepted so for example you can let "bet Silvo guys " and do the other and still be acepted...The weed packege is in the harbour near garvin shhep(kill the guard first) and for thifs quest....read other spoilers:))
Post Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:58 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks. I actually did the Rod quest, and I tried it both ways, but everyone in the camp started shouting at me and attacked me no matter what I chose to do - I think this must be a bug.

I'm resisting using my experience points for anything but alchemy and magic points right now. My no-name has 30 in strength and 30 in dexterity - a lot of those points from the statues. So I figure that's enough for now until my magic skills are up and running. I now have enough money to invest in the various experience books, too.

I remember finding the weed package before so I knew I would eventually find it somewhere.

I think it may be time to swim to that island and raid the cave.
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:28 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Do you have the key which is needed to open the treasure chest?

You'll get it from Hanna (in the hotel at the merchant square).
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:26 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

is hanna giving you the key if you are not in thives giude (i am already a mage and i blew the chance to join the guide)? and what must one do to get it?
Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:35 pm
MoriasBane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

kill that lil thief

Go into the sewers under Khorinis and kill that little thief bitch take her key and raid the cave. Not....so fast....think of indiana jones... lol have fun
Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:02 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Hmm...key? The lady in the Inn isn't giving me any new dialogue, and I certain'y can't get into the sewers without the key to the "front door" down by the water.

As I say, re: the thief guild, all I have been able to accomplish is getting the parcel from AKil's farm to the rogue in the bar down by the waterfront.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:21 am
MoriasBane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Throw me the idle...i'll throw you the whip

Have you tried asking the guy at the bar for info? Pay him.
Also, there is a guy in the market place near the east gate exit. That has to do with the thieves guild. Remember to talk to everytbody even if they look like they're doing nothing important. Ofcourse, not if it says citizedn above the head!!
HOOOOSH!
Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:04 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:

I'm resisting using my experience points for anything but alchemy and magic points right now. My no-name has 30 in strength and 30 in dexterity - a lot of those points from the statues. So I figure that's enough for now until my magic skills are up and running

I don't know do you know this yet, but if you want to use magic join the mages or the paladins.Mercs can't use any runemagic like those 2 guilds above.Only magic for mers are those spells scrolls.
Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:33 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I´m not sure a mage can enter the thieves guild. Honour and stuff. Maybe joining the followers of Innos closes this option.
Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Maybe I am not making myself clear????

All I have done is let Renagru go and delivered the package from AKil's farm to the rogue in the bar by the docks. I have talked to the bartender many, many times, but since he told me to talk to the thief in the bar (who gives me the quest to steal the package from the merchant) the bartender has no new information for sale.

I cannot get into the sewers - the door is locked and can't be picked - apparently, according to the game, I need the right key. I don't have that key. So I can't go into the sewers and kill anyone.

Hanna at the Inn is not offering me anything new in the way of dialogue. She has never given any information on a thieves' guild. She tells me who is staying a the inn, and gives some information about the city. That's it.

The fishmonger sells me fish but so far nothing else.

SO: After I have talked to the bartender and done the quest to steal the package from Akil's farm and deliver it to the rogue in the bar, and after I have let Renagru go rather than reporting him to the Guard WHAT DO I DO NEXT IN THE THIEVES GUILD?
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:54 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmmm i dunno, i always turn in rengaru and then get the key from that atilla(?) guy who tries to kill you so i cant help you any further
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:20 am
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If you do enough of the quests , tre will be a guy waiting for you behind the fish seller house (near the soup cookig lady in korinis)
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:42 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next