Another Way To Beat The Main Quest? Try This:
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Another Way To Beat The Main Quest? Try This:

i hear that if you kill vivec you can get the other wraithguard but you wont know how to use it and it hurts you bad if you wear it. i hear you can take it to the last living dwarf, and he will jury-rig it for you so that you can wear it (like a back-door way to beat that quest). more than 1 more i have heard this from...so i dont see why you couldnt just kill vivec, take his wraithguard, get it jury-rigged, go find sunder and keening, kill dagoth ur...without doing all the hortator/nevarine quests. i think they made this the way to beat the game if everybody hates you, like if you are a vamp...i havent done this myself, but i dont see how it couldnt work...what do you guys think
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:00 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

is true. I killed vivec and got it, but didn't know what it was; ancient dwemer artifact or something. I asked around here and got the answer. I was told it will do a lot of damage the first time you equip it, but then it is fine.

I never tried it, because I didn't save after killing Vivec. I just beat the quest the long route. Maybe I will load up a save and try that now.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:30 am
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

Also: when talking to vivec about killing Dagoth Ur he tells you how to destroy the heart, not how to use it. Try hitting the heart 12 times with sword and once with hammer(in that order). I never tried it myself but something might happen.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:19 am
Dreaga07
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

The Back Door

SPOILER
BIG SPOILER

Ok, you can still beat the game by killin vivec.(which is harder than killin Dagoth Ur, trust me i tried it.) Take the Dwemer Artifact to The last living Dwarf, Yagrum Bagarn, who resides in the corusarium in Tel Fyr. There is a requirement, either a reputation of 20 and bagarn's disposition of 90, or reputation of 30 and no dispostiion req. or you need Dagoth Ur's plans and plans to defeat Dagoth Ur, which are in vivecs chamber in the back, he will jur-rig it for you but he needs Kagrenac's Planbook, in Kagrenac's library in the Red Mtn citadel of Tureynual, and Kagrenac's Journal which is in Kagrenac's study in the citadel of Endusal. The first time you wear it it will hit you for between 201 to 225hp so you need to have more than that, or if you have 202hp or more just save and keep puttin it on and reloading saves until you survive one of the backfires. Afterwards it works as normal. i dont know if you can do this as a vamp cause i dont know if the dwarf will speak to a vamp, although bein' in televanni country he might. Then kill off the remaining ash vampires to get the artifacts they have on them so you are protected. Then just go get sunder, in Vemynal, one of the ash vampire's citadels, and keening, in the ash vamp citadel Ordrosal. Just make sure to wear wraithguard before equiping either of those weapons. Now go and kill dagoth ur. And to destroy the heart you must hit it once with sunder and five times with keening. when destroyed walk back out of the facility cavern to get your reward from Azura. In other words dont teleport out, leave the way you came in, and enjoy the nice new wheather of red mountain.

=Member of The Sixth House=
=Member of The Non-Flamer's Guild=
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:20 pm
The BortiiS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yay!

I'm really sick of all this "are you Nerevar? Are you not?" and "Nerevar this and Nereverarerararer that"-crap.

I'm here to play a game, the Emperor can fricken stick it!
OH, so this Dagoth Ur guy is evil and messing things up?
It's he they want me to destroy?

OKAY THEN, point me in the right direction, give me them fricken Kagernac's Tools or whatever, and tell me where to go.

Game over.

But instead, you got all this "you must pose as the dude, fulfill some gay-arse prophecy, and unite 'the tribes'"-deal, this is just...LAME.

I don't need to unite crap!
Just role in the Imperial Army and knock some heads!
I mean, my character alone (like level 30 or something) can go in and exterminate whole towns single-handledly.
I could unite the tribes...in death, and that problem would be solved.
Or I could (rather, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO) go to them all and go,"I'm your new leader now. I say you are all united under my control. If you don't like it, I'll stick my Ebony Broadsword through you."
And then maybe they go,"We no take orders from you, Outlander!" and then I go,"You die now!", and all who challenge me get slayed, cuz none could challenge me and win.

Either way, all that aspect of the game, all the "these are the signs" and "these are the writings" and "your dreams might mean this or that" which all come attached to a "come back in a few weeks and we'll tell you what we've come up with"-crap is just totally useless crap.

Like right now, some "wise-woman" in some Ashlander camp is telling me to come back in a game-month to see if I passed some test or something.
STUPID!

I could beat the game the game in that time I'll bet!

IN FACT, I'm annoyed that the game doesn't let you go around proclaiming yourself to be the Nerevar, cuz 1) any wacko in Vvardenfell can (and has, in fact); 2)You can bribe people.; and 3) You can kick all their butts in a fight anyways, who better than you to rule them?.

ALSO, I went ahead and found Sunder and Keening. I also deduced ON MY OWN in the game world, from all the history and researching (IN THE GAME WORLD; which I think makes it all the more cooler) that it's Lord Vivec that has the Wraithguard, AND, that probably that Last Living Dwarf guy or Baladas in Gnisis can tell me what it is (and translate the text I found, that dude's Journals and crap).

And sure enough, I come here to the forums and see people posting on such things, and come to find out I'm right: Vivec has it, and killing him and taking it to someone who can tell me what it is, is possible. SILLY GAME! I HAD RIGHT! HAHAHAH!

I mean, I was just reading Kagrenac's notes and found some journal entry or something he had written and talked about how Vivec and the others got all "corrupted" by the powers of the tools. If I could find two in the ruins around Dagoth Ur, then surely, someone would have had the third.
Then I break into Vivec's palace and find his notes on his plan to defeat Dagoth Ur, his intentions, and could only presume that he has the third tool I need, the Wraithguard. Of course, he wouldn't talk to me, cuz I was "uninvited". What a snob. I'll just take his papers and kill him for the item.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:59 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Thanks Dreaga07, that's very good tip. i would try it next time when i play my new character.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:14 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Re: Yay!

quote:
Originally posted by The BortiiS
Like right now, some "wise-woman" in some Ashlander camp is telling me to come back in a game-month to see if I passed some test or something.

You must wait only one day.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:57 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well actually, all you have to do is talk to her again.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:50 pm