Finished the game!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Finished the game!

Amazing game, it sucks that it's over now, hopefully quite soon the good thing, that Gothic2 arrives! anyway....what did George Lucas and Peter Molyneux do on Gothic? cause they are thanked when the ending credits roll.

One more thing, i've finished the game as Sect camp templar, my question....if i go join the OC or NC now, does this mean different things, and even different videoscenes? i mean...are the quests you get when joiinig old camp or new camp worth it to start over?

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:17 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

The main stroyline doesn't change but there are many different sidequests. You may just want to start over just to do the sidequests and not the main storyline.
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:35 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok, so for example....when i was a templar and the camps were fighting eachother, just having arguments and stuff, the OC being closed...say..if i joined the OC , would i be fighting for the OC and thus against the other 2 camps? fighting for Gomez...would it change that much? cause then i definetely would find it worth it to do.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:44 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It wouldn't change much, but it would present you with another career choice. Read on if you want to be spoiled.

You wouldn'd fight for Gomez, anyway. You would, however, get the chance to become a necromancer.
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:01 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also, using magic through the game instead of weapons makes a huge different!
Post Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:58 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

****************spoiler and stuff

I just finished it tonight, and I want to rant/comment about a few things-
#1- The fact that you never actually fight the "Sleeper" itself, pissed me off! I had waited for this huge fight, and some cinematic plays, thats it. Oh well, no big deal really i liked the game.
#2- Tho the game's fighting controls were innovative, I found them terribly unresponsive at times, especially when trying to block. Id be pushing backward, trying to block, and I start getting pummeled because he either blocks late or not at all. Also, the response time switching from ranged to melee weapons was horrible. Shoot something from full range with a bow, or even a crossbow, and you barely have enough time to pull out a weapon by the time the mob reaches you and starts chowing/clawing away.
#3- Far too easy as far as the amount of stuff they give you, especially at the end in the Sleeper Temple itself, all those mummies with all those stat-cranking potions was ridiculous. I didnt even drink them purrsonally, it would have almost felt like cheating! Here I work this whole game to spend points wisely, and in the end they give you a bunch of potions taking your stats to basically whatever you want. lame, IMHO
#4- The stupid demons at the end attacking the Sleeper! Man, that was aggravating. I get the sword plunged in, the demon appears, and it attacks the Sleeper! Reload time, and try and make it so the 'tard doesnt get hit by an errant Sleeper fireball next time.
#5- Back to the Ai. People not getting pissed about you stealing right in front of them, and the forgetfulness of the guards was laughable. I dont want a rep system like in BG where Flaming Fist basically makes your life hell, but *some* degree of consequence for basically slughtering everyone in sight would be alright and realistic.

Well, time to look forward to part2 ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:07 am
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

Gothic

Gothic was so cool.
can´t wait for the second game

Try this great game now!
http://www.warriors2.com/default.asp?referedby=163834
http://www.regno.se/default.asp?bonusfrom=3111
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:58 pm