Usergroups
I wish GOTHIC 2 would come to xbox.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I know it's not gonna but my pc is junk and has a hard time with Gothic so I know it won't run Gothic 2. Oh well guess I'm just gonna have to be happy with Morrowind for now.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:18 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Xbox will be on it's way out by the time Gothic 2 comes out anyway. So if they were ever going to make it for a console it would probably be for whatever system(s) come out this christmas.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:36 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I will take that as a shot at xbox. However I will make sure to remind you of that comment after Christmas this year.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:39 pm
Bane
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

the xbox is just a computer
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:02 am
The Seer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, well I hope it comes out for the Gamecube, but oh well. Most PC publishers favor the X-Box and Playstations more than the GC. (Even if it comes out for those two, I have a PS2 anyway, but I hate the controllers)

But then again, why am I even saying this? I'll get it for the PC no matter what.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:27 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I don't know about you people, but I've had it with consoles. I've been buying them since the original Nintendo, no I never had an Atari, and it's now gotten to the point were you have to buy a new one every two years just to get decent games. The Dreamcast was the last straw for me. From here on out it's nothing but PC. At least my PC is good/necessary for things other than games too, and much easier to upgrade than having to buy a whole new system.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:47 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Well roach I was at one time console only. Then I got my first pc....wow did that change everything. For a wile I was pc only. I had no reason to go back to consoles but then xbox came out. I didn't get a xbox to take the place of my pc but more like to help pass the time until I could get a new pc. Pc gaming cost a lot of money and the pc I bought I can't upgrade so I kinda got F&^%#$. I hope to get a new pc early next year but I have to say so far I like the xbox a lot. Looking forward to games like Morrowind and Project Ego. Oh and if you have not played Halo you need to check it out.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:11 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I had an Atari .

I didn't think much of computers several years ago because my personal specimen at home was a Schneider Joyce, whoohooo, 3" floppies! Not 3 1/2", no, 3". It wasn't compatible to anything, the only game I had was chess, and the devilish machine beat me even in simpleton mode. A friend had an Amiga 500, and we used to play games there, if we absolutely had to.
Then my later hubby showed me his new computer and... Wolfenstein 3D.
That was the moment that changed everything, I knew I also had to have such a great machine with such a great game... never stopped using consoles, though. The last one I ever bought was a PS1, but I guess I'll get me an XBox, despite my dear PC.

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-02-17 08:32 ]
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:31 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

Oh and if you have not played Halo you need to check it out.

I can't, until I finish my book I can't afford to spend $300 on a console, so I can spend more on games. It is unlikely I will ever buy a console again, unless I was to get a half million-dollar book deal or something. Which there is about as good a chance of me getting as there is of me winning the lottery. But if I was to get one right now, it would probably be the PS2 instead of Xbox. While Halo does look like a lot of fun; Tony Hawk and Final Fantasy are more my type of game.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:31 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I certainly remember Wolfenstein 3D. Though a lot of people on here may never have even heard of it until the new Wolf. came out recently. Sometimes these forums make me feel old, (I'm only 20, how can I possibly feel old? ). I also seem to be out of touch, and not 'cool' anymore, not that I ever really was, because I can look a Brittny Speares at still realize that she lacks even the slightest hint of musical talent.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:40 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-17 08:40, Suicidal Cockroach wrote:
I certainly remember Wolfenstein 3D. Though a lot of people on here may never have even heard of it until the new Wolf. came out recently. Sometimes these forums make me feel old, (I'm only 20, how can I possibly feel old? ).

Even I remember playing Wolf 3D.
EDIT: I was only 6 at the time.

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-02-17 09:44 ]
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:35 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

...I still know where the secrets are... and the names of the bosses in W3D and Spear of Destiny, the official add-on (okay, at least some of the names )!
I was such a huge W3D fan, I even had the game for the SNES ( somewhat censored and - level-wise - a mixture of W3D and SoD.

To get back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the XBox. But I would never dump my PC for it.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:41 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:

To get back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the XBox. But I would never dump my PC for it.

The xbox is a nice piece of hardware. I also would never drop pc for it but it will help pass the time thats for sure. The main reason I got it was for the pc ports. Games like Morrowind and tons of FPS's. At one time I never thought that a FPS could be done well on a console w/o a mouse but now I like them more on xbox than pc. My only problem with consoles is the lack of depth of some of the games.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:52 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I never knew they made it for SNES. I may have to check funco, or ebay for it. I still have my SNES, I pull it out about once a year to play The Secret of Mana again.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 3:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The SNES Wolfenstein version showed that R.O.T.T. originally was meant to be Wolfenstein 2 before Id pulled out of the project and left DIP (later 3DRealms) with the half-finished game. Both games had exactly the same mapping function, look at both and you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's been so long, though, that I still can't imagine how to play a shooter on a console (i.e., xbox).
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:18 pm