keys and lockpick
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
malis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

keys and lockpick

Where do you get a lockpick? Also Ihave robbed everyone but cannot open some doors(felnors room, did get key from him) anyone else have trouble with keys?
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:52 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

locks and picks

don't worry about picks just get afew tool bags ok now read this
Level 1 - The Castle
But there is no time to celebrate this, because the King, his alchemist Felnor and snake woman Chinkashh are discussing the recent earthquakes. Suddenly, Carlo comes running in and tells that the astronomer Falan Orbiplanax has been murdered.
You once more agree to help and investigate the murder. The King gives you a private room (33) in the castle (and the key to it) and allows you to walk around in the castle freely now.
You first talk to Chinkashh in the library (20) and learn, that she discovered that black magic was used in the ritual murder of Falan Orbiplanax; also be sure to read the books here, especially the one about the races in Arx, which tells you about dragons; then you go to the research lab (19) and talk to Felnor, the king’s alchemist, who gives you the key to Falan’s room (27) and a note from him. You can also find some runes and some ingredients to make you own potions here.
When you leave Felnor, talk to Chinkashh again and she will give you the book ‘Landscape of the Outside World’ for Greu!
Then you enter Falan’s room and find a safe behind the carpet on the wall. From the note Felnor gave you, you figure the combination is 2-4-8 and inside the safe you find Falan’s diary, which clears up several thing.
A council is held in the meeting room at once (22) in the course of which you learn that a guard named Erzog has been arrested for the murder of Falan and is believed to be the head priest of the secret cult of Akbaa; you also learn, that you were sent by the Noden to save Arx from Akbaa. To do this, you have to find the secret entrance to the temple of Akbaa and destroy a meteor there, by which Akbaa wants to incarnate in Arx.
In the prison (15) you talk to Erzog and find out, that he himself was betrayed by the Akbaa cult; he tells you the password to the temple of Akbaa below the tavern: it is Faat Kaa Pell!
When you enter the hall of the castle (13), you see two snake women talking to King Lunshire about an old debt, which the king is not able to repay - the Krahoz!
Unfortunately, the king doesn’t want to tell us more about it at this time.
Then you leave the castle, and find Chinkashh waiting for you outside it; she teaches you a secret spell to activate the Teleports, so you can travel more easily between the levels.
At the city teleport, you also find out, that Maria, the dealer (5) is missing her daughter Shany – of course you promise to find her. Shany was last seen playing before Jeweller Tafiok’s shop and the nearby houses. You investigate the houses, but are told to go away at one (7bis). The other house (7) is open and inside you find a book about a ritual at the serpent pillar – since Akbaar needs human sacrifices to earn more and more power, you decide to investigte this matter first as time may be running short for Shany.
ALSO GO TO THIS WEB SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE WALKTHROUGH ITS ABOUT 2mb YOU WILL NEW ACORBAT TO OPEN IT CHEERS DAVE.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:41 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Locks And Picks

here is that web site forgot to give you
http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&infoID=124&pageID=3728 remeber to save the game oftern cheers dave
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:45 pm
malis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

got all that but...

Yes, I am already done with all that and have seen walkthrough... My question about keys wasnt clear (Sorry), my problem is that I have robbed all city of Arx characters and recieved keys, but some of these keys dont open the doors they are supposed to (for instance I thought key stolen from felnor opened his room??? likewise gary and alicias keys) I thought maybe it could be my object knowledge, but I solved the oliver quest with the key before I even read first clue. Also I can lockpick some non red chests and simple doors but not others??? Does this all have to do with your character levels/ If so which level should I increase?
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:14 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Keys And Lockpicks

YES YOU COULD INREASE YOUR SKILLS PUT I REMEBER ALL I KEEP INCREASING WAS SPELL LEVEL STRENTGH LEVEL AND FIGHTING LEVEL AND STIL MANAGED TO COMPLETE THE GAME BUT IF YOU ARE IN TO OPENNING UP EVERY CHEST YOU COME ACROSS GOOD LUCK TO YER WHEN YOU HAVE VISTED FELNOR HE SHOULD GIVE A KEY TO FALANS ROOM YOU DONT PINCH THE KEY HE SHOULD GIVE YOU ONE OK YOU MAY HAVE TO START AGAIN FROM AEARLIER SAVE GAME OK CHEERS DAVE.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:37 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Keys and chests

I finished the game at level 9 but a somewhat low object knowledge, and couldn't open several of the doors and chests. I had killed everyone and had all their keys( just for the fun of it). I think its object knowledge that makes the difference. By the way Dave9 all caps is yelling and I don't think you mean to yell at us.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:02 am
malis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for all your help! Too bad there is not enough points to raise all skills enough... I guess that there is no way to get all kills and secrets! (well without a little cheating, I decided to use "pass wall" to get into locked doors) It is a very good game though!
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:50 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Pass Wall?

What is that? This is first time I've seen it? Would love to use it.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:31 pm
malis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

passwall

well they show it on the secret words of power part of Arx site at RPG,(http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=467) it is the three steps going in a down direction, do this 3xs in a row. to get out of passwall phase then do the same (if you get "lost" use map to find way) Have fun!
malis
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:01 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It's mechanical skill

There is a small error circulating here.. People confuse object knowledge with mechanical skill. The latter is used to picklock closed doors, chests, and disable traps (a.o. "red" chests), and should be quite high to give you access to most closed rooms, chests.
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:19 am