Stuck on two guild quests
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Stuck on two guild quests

I was getting somewhere in the Fighters' Guild until I got the quest to get the debt money from Livelle Stoine. She will talk to me all right, but I can't get any dialogue options to discuss the debt money. I tried the persuation thing, but that rarely works for me. I don't have enough money to bribe everyone I meet; I need the reward money badly at this point, and can't afford to lose cash every time I have a quest. How do I get a discussion about the damned money? I can't just kill the woman, there are too many people around. And I have never, never been able to taunt a character into attacking me. I've been lucky so far, the last two quests to kill people were behind closed doors so I didn't have to explain my actions.

Anyway, I gave up on the Fighters because of that quest and joined the mages, only to find that the first quest led me into a similar dead end - the bookstore in Vivec. The bookseller has the book, yesindeedee, but he ain't sharing. He ain't selling. Stuck, once again. HOW DO I GET THE DAMNED BOOK? again, I do not have enough money to bribe people.
Post Sat May 18, 2002 11:52 pm

First Quest Spoiler

Do you have a conversation item relating to the debt money in your dialogue list? I didn't have it at first either. The orc that gives you the quest only mentions the quest. You have to ask him about 'orders' again and then you can ask about the debt.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 12:47 am

Greyhawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Getting Money

Early in the game (Levels 1-4) minimally, money is hard to get. Suggest
you leave these quests for now, break out crosscounty, kill things, raise your levels of fighting, sell everything you get, and eventually you get some
kinda rare items. Lots of places are unguarded so to speak, so just loot everything you can from rooms, chests, etc. some tombs have some really expensive items to sell, ebony helmets, scrolls, etc. hope this helps. later, money will not be as much of a problem(sold some stuff yesterday to a vendor and got 35k!!!) but it IS frustrating in the beginning for sure.
Exploration is the thing I have found.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 4:01 am

Debt Money

I started a fist fight with her thinking that if I knocked her unconscious I could take her money. She was a better fighter than I. So out came the axe and she and her assisitant left this earth. The guild leader had no problem with the death and said sometimes you have to make an example of someone.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:26 pm

Debt Money

Oh, forgot to mention, not one bar patron cared about the mayhem and bloodshed. I even talked to them afterwards and they acted like nothing had hapened at all.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:29 pm