Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
steal gems worth 70.000 gold or be honest...?? (mage-guild)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
dA fOoL

steal gems worth 70.000 gold or be honest...?? (mage-guild)

hi peeps,

I've joined the mages guild and then you can do some jobs for Ajira (the boss) to earn his respect. I've finished the first one where you have to collect the mushrooms. The second is replacing the REAL soul gem by one FAKE one.
when Galbedir is downstairs, you can exchange the soul gems. But it's also possible to take ALL GEMS JUST LAYING AROUND !! Will you get trouble if you take these very expensive gems??

Please let me know

greetz,

da Fool
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:01 pm

Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Only if someone sees you. You can always save it,and try it youself. Good luck fencing 70,000 gold worth of gems.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:21 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

This is where role-playing comes into play...

My character didn't want to get blamed for missing items in the guild house i just joined.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:27 pm
Migster

Moral Hazard

I don't know what would happen but it's tempting. On the flip side, a) it's your own guild and b) guards are supposed to be able to recognize stolen merchandise. I can't imagine the fine/jail term for snagging one of those big gems.

Cheers,
m
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:42 pm

Bismil

Just FYI, if you do get caught stealing an item, the bounty on your head is usually the value of the item you stole. However the bounty ONLY covers what was recently caught. So, for instance, you steal the 70k soul gem and not get caught, but down the road you steal a loaf of bread (example ) you will only be fined for the bread. Now the best way to keep all your stuff before getting arrested is to strip. Get rid of all the items you think you have stolen and pick them up after you pay the fine. Best way to keep all your lovely 100k worth of stolen items on ya *snickers*
Post Fri May 10, 2002 6:53 pm

bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I stole everything and had no reprocussions.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:44 pm
Sledgehammer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I stole them! Hee hee!

I wondered when I saw them too, is this a trick, could it be this easy to grab a Grand Soul Gem worth 60000? Even my non-thief character couldn't resist... I took them all, no one has ever cared, and sold them at the other Mages Guilds, har! Didn't get close to the full value on it, though, so I wouldn't condider it a game-balancing mistake.

By the way, if you steal an empty soul gem and then try to sell it back to the owner, she still recognizes it! Man, that Galbedir chick was pissed! They got all in my face and I had to kick their arses! Yeah, baby! Anyway, I reloaded, and went somewhere else...
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:52 pm
dA fOoL

thx for the info !

I think I'll take the gems. But I've gotta find somebody who willing to pay a lot of money for them... know any rich folks in morrowind?

I also tried to sell the gems back to galbedir. Man, hell broke lose !!!

It's a nice an easy amount of bonus money.

C Ya later !

dA fooL
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:35 am

Mucus

Gems

What if you use the gem for an enchantment? Will the enchanted item be stolen goods?
Post Sat May 11, 2002 9:10 am

Solude

My favorite get rich quick bug is in the Balmora armourer shop. If you jump onto the guards head you can steal the $2K helm and a crate with about $500 of armour. The armour is medium and light so you can use it if that's your skill of choice or sell it to the fighter's guild for $2500 and get your steel armour, silver weapons right from the get go. You could visit other towns are get better stuff this is a pretty good start. Leaves a lot of 'bribe' money

Solude
Post Sat May 11, 2002 6:25 pm

bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

In Caldera there is a scamp upstairs in a manoe that has orcs hanging around downstairs who has $6000 and will pay full price for all your items. He regenerates his money every 24 hours so you can come back or rest to sell some more. I didn't find this out until late in the game but money should not be a problem in my next game.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:18 pm