Usergroups
Books & Magic
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I have come across lots of books during the game. The only one I found useful was about Golems being killed with a hammer, which luckily I found just before.
Are any of the other books any use ?
There are loose books which you can pick up. I have several about different topics and when I read them they seem pretty vague.
I have found books on the different circles of magic. Do they only mean something if you have followed a magical path ?
In my stats page, the entry for "Magic" is NO.
How do I get YES in there?
I have joined the Old Camp so maybe these options are not available unless you join one of the other two camps, Yes ??
Also, I transformed to a Bloodfly to get around a bit quicker and buzzed off towards the location of a focus stone (top right on the Map).
When I got there, Gorn was there. Great.
I transformed back and was instantly shot out to windows desktop. This happened twice. Bummer.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:29 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Some books are useful. You can learn important informations from them (f. e. that you need to have razor in your inventory when you need to obtain some parts of some animals etc.).
But generaly there are only informations in these books. It means they will not add you some skills. Books about magics only discribe spells in circles. They will not teach them.
You must choose way of mage if you want to have "Yes" in your stats screen. F. e. you do it in OC when they asks you if you want to be Guard (you can say - "No, I want to be firemage).
Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:42 pm
Bhaal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-02-18 07:42, Danicek wrote:
Some books are useful. You can learn important informations from them (f. e. that you need to have razor in your inventory when you need to obtain some parts of some animals etc.).
But generaly there are only informations in these books. It means they will not add you some skills. Books about magics only discribe spells in circles. They will not teach them.
You must choose way of mage if you want to have "Yes" in your stats screen. F. e. you do it in OC when they asks you if you want to be Guard (you can say - "No, I want to be firemage).

Or in the Sect Camp you can talk to Bhaal Cadar. He 'll teach you the magic circles untill you reach magic circle 4. This is the top in the Sect Camp or you join the watermages in the new camp, this is very late in the game.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2002 3:42 pm