Walked into the Abyss
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Walked into the Abyss

I had a strange thing happen, I was just getting started in the city of Arx, and was playing around with killing some and robbing some when in an attempt to excape the city I found one of the doors open, just one so I ran for it and ended up walking in total darkness. Music and sound still on, my own footsteps echoing in the black, but no light and I never did make it back in the door. Just thought I'd share another strange side of the World of Arx.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:17 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Now that's one I haven't heard of on any forum. Did you try again to see if it happens everytime you use that door?

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:14 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

There were a few places I walked "above" the map and looked down at blackness and some visible parts of the map. When I was in total darkness I usually backed up and was ok. I think there are a few spots in the game where you can step outside of the gameplay area. The thing is you can't always get back in. Also, if you're using the "walk through walls" cheat you can do it a lot but it takes a very long time to get back onto the map.

Dunno if that has anything to do with what happened to you but that's what has happened to me.

~T
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:39 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Darkness only

I tried to duplicate it a couple of times but never had it happen again. I never used the walkthrough walls, so that didn't play into it. That one side of the double door was open, I walked in and I'm still floating as far as I know. I tried to back straight out when it happened but no use, so I walked straight for about four or five minutes, just playing around. Nothing happened, I was and still am lost in the Abyss. ( Of course I had to end game and start over, but door never open again.) Just thought it was interesting. I had it happen a few times when I would Levitate in the city, but could always back out. I think this was the same type of thing, but the exit was too small to find or closed behind me, since it was not opened by me in the first place.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:50 pm