Slaying the dragons.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Slaying the dragons.

please read and advice me i would much appreciate it.

Ok so what now? i have repaired the eye and can now wear it. i have to go and slay some dragons in vally of mines but i dont know where they are or where to start. im at lvl 10 now, what level should i be before killing the dragons?. im in chp3 when does chp 4 start and where can i find thouse dragon hunters?. i have so far put all skill in xbow and dext, strenght and 1hander. will i need any points in 2 hander or anything?. oh yes and im a paladin too. where can i buy an xbow, i sold the 1 good xbow (from bosper) i had to a merchant and now he does'nt sell it back. Please tell me what needs to be dont and what i should do, much appretiated.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:05 pm
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Hi, to start with your level is way to low. Explore the new world first and gain at least 10 more levels.
There are hordes of orcs in the valley that attack in groups of 3 to 5 at one time. Also a lot more snappers and dragon snappers that attack in groups.

When you exit the abandoned mine and enter the valey, go down the path and you will se the dragon hunters camp. Talk to all of them as they can give you some important info and train you to take dragon scales. One of them will travel with you if you want.

Bows are good when attacking a single orc but when half a dozen of them start running after you either run for the hills.

On your way down the hill from the Dragon hunters camp you will run into a scout for the the castle. He will give you some very good advice.
(If you want to live go back to where you came from).

As to where the dragons are, search this site as someone has put up a map showing where they are.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:49 pm
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

what do you mean 'new land' u mean vally of mines, and man i cant get 9 levels (11-20) from one chapter can i?
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:53 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

yes Ariakas is correct with one thing. you need to level up a little. well alot!

the dragons are very easy to find if you have played Gothic 1. but if you are not comfertable with the valley of mines then you will need some help finding the dragons.

once you get the map of where to find the digging sites from the commander of the paladins in the castle(Gorand, not so sure of spelling) you will be able to see where the dragons are. the ice dragons will be easy to find.(Snow mountain. or if you have played G1 then the new camp). The fire dragons is on the volcano towering over the castle. the swamp dragon is a little harder to find. he is the easiest to defeat i would say but most likly the hardest to find if you dont know where you are going. il PM you alot more info.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:12 pm
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Joey
what do you mean 'new land' u mean vally of mines, and man i cant get 9 levels (11-20) from one chapter can i?

Sure you can, do lots of quests and exploring!
I was clvl 14 when I first got the valley of mines (ch2).

Killing Orcs in ch2 isn't nessecary, but i'll give you some nice exp.
Just lure one orc at a time and kill him. You'll be able to get a few levels like this with little effort. Just learn how to get your timing right with the orcs: When they swing overhead, block, then get in one or two blows.
Repeat until dead
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:15 pm
Joey
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thx

Well thanks, i do feel like im advancing too fast because im only level 11. I mean im on chapter 4 of 6 and there are what 40 levels hehehe
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:48 pm