TES: Missing Body Parts
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
TranceMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

TES: Missing Body Parts

I have downloaded quite a few plugins so that I can start with new races, but almost everytime I use one of these new races they are missing body parts. Either their hands, or thier face.

The plugins are rated quite well, and a few of them even had pictures of the character with a face, but when I use it, like I said, no face.

I put everything in the right folders also, so any tips on how to fix this would be nice.
Post Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:08 pm
TranceMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

bump
Post Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:08 pm
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think the question you should be asking is whether there are any forums out there where people actually bother replying to people that actually have problems. At the time of typing this i still have yet to recieve a reply for my post. Even if they don't know the answer to the problem they should still have a crack at it, no matter what the problem.

as for your problem, I've never downloaded or made a race plugin so i have no experience, but if you load it up in the cs, you could see if there are any missing files, if the plugin is dirty etc. you could also try uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:14 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Eh?

quote:
Originally posted by Wrothgarr
I think the question you should be asking is whether there are any forums out there where people actually bother replying to people that actually have problems. At the time of typing this i still have yet to recieve a reply for my post. Even if they don't know the answer to the problem they should still have a crack at it, no matter what the problem.

They "should" have a crack at it? It's an obligation now?

Ouch! C'mon Wrothgarr, there's no need to make comments like that. What's the point of a string of "I don't know"s? It's general forum ettiquette if you can't really help, you shouldn't flood the correct answers with a slew of guesses and flawed reasoning. If the person asks for more help (i.e. not just a "bump"), then people will tend to start on the random guesses.

You've only been registered on the forums for *one day*. I don't know how long you've been lurking, but I must point out that people here are generally very helpful and courteous. If things are slow at the moment, what's your complaint? That people should visit the forum more often and post more because you want it?

Calm down, man - no need to get uppity. If people here can help, they usually do.

I expect some people at least will not have replied to your post because you seem to have overcome any problems that were troubling you. Do you still need assistance?
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:20 pm
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I had written a lengthy reply consisting of an apology and an explanation but then my computer crashed so i'll summarise:

I'm sorry for going off the hook in that last post. I was frustrated with my mod, it was late and i was feeling grumpy.

The real reason i complained is that i go to many message boards where replies can be as frequent a 5 per minute. I just saw the member count here and assumed this place was the same. and when i didn't get a reply on my topic for a day, i assumed it was that people were ignoring me because i was new (y'see i also go to message boards where people are total assholes and treat each other badly) i simply judged too quickly and for that i am sorry. I hope i can be forgiven for snapping like that.

In answer to your question, yes i'm still quite stuck, but i haven't finished reading that scripting for dummies so my luck may yet change
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:20 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

No problem!

We all have off days, don't worry about it.

This forum may have a large member count, but as the game has aged the number of regulars has dropped off substantially. Considering the number of posts in the last few days, there may be less than ten of us left!

Sorry to hear you're still having mod problems - good luck with the scripting manual, from what I've seen it's a good one.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:54 pm