WTF? SUMMONER COMBAT SYSTEM?????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Dog Of War
Village Leader
Village Leader

Im slowly making my way thru summoner. I dont think i fully understand chain
> attacks - specifically, how to execute them correctly. Wich keyborad commands is for what ? If anyone be so kind to explain it to me!
>

Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:22 am
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I don't remember exactly, but if you want chain attack, you must press attack (or shortcut) when you see single chain cell symbol above your current hero's head. In stat screen you can shortcut different keys to different types of attack (this I don't remember exactly). You hero will learn different type of attacks through the game (probably - the more succesfull chain attacks you do, the more and faster you will learn). Hope it helps.

Summoner 2 has been officially announced. Sweet - it looks like we will have another great rpg together with Gothic 2
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 1:34 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Also have a look at http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/summoner.txt and http://www-personal.umich.edu/~airyn/summoner/walkthrough

Especially they're nice documents if you don't want to miss any not plot-critical quests.
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 1:41 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah 2 nice new games especially Gothic 2
Post Sat Jan 26, 2002 4:46 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

It's been a while since I played it, but I had a hard time with 'chaining' too.

It's one of those things where once you get it, you get it.

I recall weapon speed played a part in it, though. Some weapons made it nearly impossible to chain, it was better to use a weapon that didn't necessarily look as good, stats-wise, so you can chain more effectively, at least that is what I recall.

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Markus on 2002-01-27 04:33 ]
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:34 am
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I think, timing was the same, but chain symbol was displayed in slightly different moments. So if you "learn" chaining (like 10+ hits in a row) with one weapon, it's automatically tougher to do it with some of the other weapons.
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 12:54 pm
Gilkane
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When you see the little chain link (I think thats what it is) come over their head in combat hit the action/attack key (usually left mouse button) and they will execute the second move in the chain attack they know. As long as you can hit the action key in sequence with the icon that appears over their head in combat they will continue to the end of that particular chain attack sequence. As you get into the game you will find it easier to time this.
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:52 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I just select the best chains and let the PC dish em out (Push, DblStrike, Revitalize and Chain Leach are my favs).
And while this isnt not in the same style of rpg as Gothic, it definitely is nice all the same...the Combat in the later levels r0xx0rz!!!!

Oh, speed of the weapon counts. Anything with speed 1.00 and higher I was able to chain with, lower than 1 I couldnt get chains off.
Since they are trained differently, I trianed my main in sword, dodge and parry so he can use sword/shield and I trained Kelhlar (sp) to use 2-hand sword with crit and counter attack....so sweet

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-28 12:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-28 12:08 ]
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:03 pm