easy way to kill the black troll
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

easy way to kill the black troll

i would like to share my way of dealing with that black troll at a low level. when you approach him you should be as much to the left as possible against the wall, you see an arch in the rocks, you can shoot at him and he comes towards you but cant get to you because he keeps standing for the rock , with a onehanded waepon you can keep hitting him, you have to be carefull though because every time you hit him you get a little bit closer and you can get to close in his hitting range,

another trick i like with trolls is that you can get behind them, then straffe and kepp hitting them, its really funny to see how they try to turn around while you are poking him in the butt. i took out those trolls and the black troll with a onehanded sword with 25 damage. the only thing you have to do is dont get hit
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:44 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

hm... with the troll near the temple (on your way to the seekers with the eye of innos)
i just stand on the top of the temple (you must have high crossbow... like 60% or so)
and just keep shootin'.
very easy.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:29 am
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

Its a wast of arrows if you ask me... troll are very strong against arros...
i just came to tham hited tham 3-4 time and they sturted to eat dust....
and against the black troll well it took me 15-20 hits to make him interdus himself to the ground....
but you can alsow do the his back stuff to... but to do that you need to drik a speed potion...
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:23 pm
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

you dont need a speed potion, i first run to them hit them and then walk past him turn around and straffe with a and d while facing his but then hit him strafe hit strafe etc. i was laughing my ass of, it looks so weird poking his ass and he cant get to you. especialy when you look at his healt i had 25 damage so the red bar was going down really slow
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:02 pm
Pikkon

Yeah i know that feeling... ones it took me 20 min to kill him (with a speed potion) but i was very week back than... it was on the second time i played gothic 2...
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:31 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

wel, i'm in level 15, how long wil it take to kill him with my sword (i have a ore longsword... self forged)
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Pikkon

It depend on your str. and you fighting skill with 1h sword (coz the ore longsword is 1h...). just so you can know the % of the fighting skill means how much % you have to make a critical hit... and the str increase you dmg with swords... (beside swords that needs dex insted of str...) alsow bow/crossbow will gain thair power by your dex...
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:52 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

you can also stand in front of the cave and shoot at him, then he will turn around and just look at you shooting at him
btw: if I'm not wront dex will also help the abiilities to wield weapons?
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:27 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i believe dex helps wielding the mastersword which uses dex instead of strenght, i got that one and trained my 1h sword to 30, with bow im very good now. and with the mastersword if i keep swining left and right repeatedly those skeletons dont stand a change, i believe the dex gets stacked with the damage you do with that sword, which is good cause my dex is 99 ( 1 lp to short )
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:54 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

heheh...then you can make a lot of dex potions now
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:58 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

no i used a few havent learned alchemy.....buthey in the addon i'm goin gto have a second.....okay third change then we are really kick some ###
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:21 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Don't learned alchemy at all? don't you need to know this to restore the eye? anyway, learn the alchemy, talk to the guy at khorinis whit the really long name (know who I mean, huh?) and make him give you appel tobacco, you can miks this with honey and sell it to him (10gp for each)
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:06 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

yeah well, pyrokar learns you how to recharge the eye when it is repaired so that one's free, besides that i should have learned it before i ate all the goblin berries well what can i say.... i was hungry. that of the apple tobacco with honey...hmm didnt know that onei'm gonna try that one tonight. i have another side question how high must dex be for pickpocket nearly impossible thingies?

i made some silly mistakes by consuming the dex potions i had before i reached 100 dex....and ate the goblin berries......and the dragon root.... not so smart i think. a well i think i compensate these mistakes with huge arrogance behaviour
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:17 am
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

You have 99dex. now right? hmm...if I'm not mistaken you should be able to steal almost everything, I'm not sure. But one thing, there is a man that has a lyrics on it, about Paladins and stuff. I think he is in the upper quarter, try to find this and let me now if you can find out someting about it? For me it was just words, don't know..maybe it can have a affect on the game,or maybe not, or maybe just if you are a paladin.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:23 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

dont know about some lyrics but i can steal a whole lot indeed. it says in dialogue mode how difficult it ist to steal from someone..well i can steam most damn difficult pickpockets. only cassia couldnt be pickpocket......yet next to damn difficult comes almost impossible almost is almost so i'll try to get even those items when my dex gets higer although it cant rise so much anymore. think i can nly raise it with some dex potions or are there masters that can learn you dex above 100?
i played before as a paladin but couldnt get into thieves guild because i didnt know how so dont know abut the lyrics but i will look there. if i find something i let you know
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:40 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next