Usergroups
One thing I'd like to see in Gothic II
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'd be totally fine with the game play being the same.

A few improvements would be nice, but I'm not going to complain if it's the same.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 3:06 am
Drakz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

One thing I'd like to see are horses!! no more slowly wandering back and forth through the damn paths! And definitly some better swimming... good god. Other than that, different armor would be nice, and possibly a tweaked NPC engine, with more of a day of the week route, and maybe they can recognize your actions in the world a bit more. But why am i complaining?!?! I love gothic! :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Drakz on 2002-02-18 22:48 ]
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:42 am
WHITE x CHOCO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i wanted a shield also... it was really bugging me not to have one
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:17 am
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-02-27 20:17, WHITE x CHOCO wrote:
i wanted a shield also... it was really bugging me not to have one

Just spawn a skeleton warrior and take over it's body, then you'll have a shield.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:29 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i didn't see the point of using a single handed weapon without a shield. and helmets, talk about reading my mind! i was pretty sick and tired at lookin at that guyz ponytail by the end of my first hour playing the game!
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:41 am

I think it would be great if you could roleplay alittle more. SAy you were a guard in the old camp, it would be awesome if you could go up to diggers and ask em for their protection fee. if they declined, you could plot with some guys to take em down.I think that would be real great. And it would also be cool if you worked hard enough you could become an ore baron or somethin.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:40 am

Mr. Bojangles
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i can definitely appreciate the helmet and shield idea. i'd also like to see some better items, maybe stuff that does magical things other than damage, but maybe thats just my Diablo side talking
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:47 am
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I think all the ideas posted here so far are good ones.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:43 am
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:

On 2002-02-18 14:59, Gorath wrote:
Everybody seen the front page?

What Front page ??
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:41 am

dunno how you people feel about it, but I think the first person perspective (as an option) wouldn't hurt either.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game as it was and won't pass up on Gothic2, but it always seemed to me like I was following the character instead of being the character, just a bit.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:18 am

CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I totally disagree with that. I think a perspective change would just about ruin the game.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:14 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

quote:

On 2002-02-28 02:18, Anonymous wrote:
dunno how you people feel about it, but I think the first person perspective (as an option) wouldn't hurt either.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the game as it was and won't pass up on Gothic2, but it always seemed to me like I was following the character instead of being the character, just a bit.

Maybe adding that as an option, wouldn't hurt, eh? I know there are many players who want it.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:10 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Right, first person, why not? 'Me' wasn't exactly eye candy, anyway. He looks too much like my brother-in-law (except for the pony tail that so many people feel is offensive - well, it's about the same length as my pony tail ) for me to feel comfortable with. It's not as if I didn't like my hb's sister's hb, but he's not exactly the adventuring type.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:35 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

With 1st person though, you lose the moves as he's fighting -- loved seeing my charcter w/ 2H mastery take his stance when bringing out his weapon, and his hit and spin moves when attacking. I would also similarly miss the spell casting process -- to see my character huddle down and morph into another creature is priceless.

The ElderScrolls (including Morrowind) 1st person perspective of seeing only half of your blade as it slashed side-to-side or up and down in battle does not at all appeal to me.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:16 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I think it would be fun to take the armor off of defeated enemies the way you can take the rest of their inventory. You could only equip it if your stats were high enough, just like weapons, but you could carry it in your inventory and drool over it. It would entice players to challenge tougher NPC'S (it would entice me anyway). Never underestimate the power of the tease!

It would also be nice if you could change the main character to a female model. The whole dude thing plays funky with my immersion big time. Gothic was still a total blast though, it was my first RPG game and I completely loved it.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:08 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next