SPOILER -- OOoooooh, I'm Dying to See Akbarr
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
BuzzSaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SPOILER -- OOoooooh, I'm Dying to See Akbarr

At the beginning of level 4, if you move in a right direction you come to an entry fairly quickly that is protected by a pink force field. I eliminated the force field, entered the big rock room, and butchered a couple of speedy guys. Although, I proceeded into the next lower area and just generally laid waste to some more speedy red guys, my question relates to this initial big room just after you enter from the force field entry. Keep in mind that I cleaned this whole area out way before the King's council meeting.

After killing the 2 quick dudes and even now when I return to the area, there is this voice that says something like "ooooooh, I'm dying to see Akbarr", then he does a baseball player clear-your-lungs-lugie-spit type sound and mumbles a few more things. I've looked high and low and there is no one around. I've lit up the place and tossed fireballs all over, done dispels etc trying to find this dude who seems to be behind the rock wall. I've looked for levers etc and nada.

This is driving me nuts. WTF? Can anyone help?
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:46 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

It is probably an ambient sound. There is no guy to kill. Its like in the Goblin Prison, you can hear yelling in the background.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:22 pm
BuzzSaw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Greb -

Thanks, I found the solution later. As most people are finding out, following the main story of Arx is quite challenging and it is very easy to get off track and way ahead of the game.

Apparently, the game intends for you to not disturb this shield or go into this area unitl much later. I have know idea how the hell you were suppose to know that and so I entered early and slaughtered everyone. It turns out that the mystery voice is the one priest that has one of the special meteor rocks thingies that you have to have. LOL, the guy finally did appear long later after I got back on track with the game's script and returned to the bunker at the apppropriately scheduled time in the game.

This is kind of a script gone awry. I loved the game, but the ability to stay on track was really designed badly. If they wanted you to roam freely, then it should have been built more like Morrowind. If not, then they should have made the main quest easier to follow. Instead, Arx is lost in the middle and it doesn't work well at all. During the entire game, I rarely knew for sure where to go next. Also when you began exploring a new area, I had know idea that you weren't suppose to explore that area all in one shot, but rather the game was designed for you to stop exploring at some certain point in the level and return later. Go figure how you guess this.

Cheers
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:06 pm