Equipment Questions - Light Armor, Short Blade, Marskman
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
FireWall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Equipment Questions - Light Armor, Short Blade, Marskman

Hi, I'm new to Morrowind and have a few questions about Equipment.

I'm looking for the BEST light armor available, the BEST bow, and the BEST short blade.

Right now I'm using a complete set of glass armor, a glass dagger, and a short bow.

I'm pretty sure I have the best light armor available but the glass dagger just isn't getting the job done. Same with the shortbow.

What would you recommend I do?

Lastly, I'd prefer not to use any enchanted equipment but if the best weapons are enchanted then I will.

P.S. Please do not reply and tell me to add on "Bob's Super Awesome Cool Ultimate Weapon Mod" to my game. In other words, I'd like to keep playing the game as the developers designed it.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:28 am
ryley
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hey, have you found any daedric or ebony bows or short blades? Those are usually more powerful than glass. Oh, i forgot, what kind of character are you playing. Also, there is the Robe of St. Roris, which gives you a constant effect of +15 to fatigue and health, and you can wear it over your armor. Very useful.

Last edited by ryley on Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:45 am
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

probably the best short sword is somethnig called "..fang....," i can't remember the full name. located somewhere between berandas and high mountain (no spoiler, ehh?). it's already enchanted i think.

best bow is daedric bow (but it's long bow i think), still could be enchantable. available in daedric shirne somewhere....

oh the Robe of st. Roris already changed to "used when cast" or something, not anymore constant effect in new patch by Bethesda (too powerfull).
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:50 am
FireWall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the help. I know about the Robe. I'm gonna go pick that bad boy up. I havn't patched so it's a constant effect for me. Nice...
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:14 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bonemold bows are good!

Daedric/Ebony bows are quite hard to come by, at least I've not found any yet! Bonemold bows are good, and can be found reasonably frequently - if you're using anything that does less than 1-30 damage get one, it should tide you over until you find one of the big boys...

Glass daggers are cool though - they weigh almost nothing and Glass Jinkblades (paralyse on strike) seem quite easy to find. Maybe all you need is a good enchantment on one? I suppose it really depends how much loot you want to carry! You might want to stick with the Glass to avoid weighing you down with all that heavy Daedric...

Just a thought.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:14 am
FireWall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, being an Assassin I probably don't want a big load to carry around. I think I'll take your advice and look into enchanting my dagger. I had a couple Jinxblades but they didn't do any decent damage to my opponants so I discarded them. The dagger is effective but only when it's completely repaired. Is there such thing as a glass bow?
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:52 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

There might be, but I've never heard of it.
Post Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:55 pm