RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

quote:

On 2002-02-14 05:34, CarnalSalvation wrote:
Ok lemme explain something.

First lemme use fat people as an example. I am a fat guy. Now, if in Gothic fat people where killed shortly after arival in the colony it wouldn't really bother me. Most fat people are less physically capable, which is key in Gothic gameworld. Women are in general less physically capable, so they are of importance for sex and maybe cooking/cleaning. That's IN the game though. Not in the real world.

spoken like a true, er something
now if any women is offended by the 'general physically capable' part, stop kidding your self, its fact.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:37 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Hey I'm a fat guy too, but I do feel insulted. Who else besides Snaf was fat? The lack of physical girth in this game infringes upon my personal rights given to me by the Declaration of Independence AND the Magna Carta! I'm going to call the Girthed American Society. That's right GAS is going to come after all of you unsensitive bastards! And they're going to make sure that all of the characters in Gothic 2 are fat women!
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:40 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-02-14 06:40, Suicidal Cockroach wrote:
And they're going to make sure that all of the characters in Gothic 2 are fat women!

You can have something like that by playing an all-female Unreal Tournament match with the Fatboy mutator* ... depending on the individual scores, though, you'll have some very fat girls and some very skinny ones !

*works, of course, with male, cow, robot and Skaarj hybrid models as well

Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:45 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

...wow.
I left work yesterday and this thread was 1.5 pages long, I come back and now its 5 pages and all bordering on turning this into a M vs F topic. Crazy.
Well, from her 1st post I knew who Rose was. 7 post history and not one of them left this thread...end of her 1st post she's having visions of grandeur that she is going to single-handedly change the way G2 will be made. (hehe, cute).
But all 7 of her posts are nothing but flaming the fire that has built this thread to what it is now. Now she wants the next set of women to be what? Queens and Ladies that rule the male-dogs of G2?
Get a grip. You aint gonna change a goddamn thing.
She dont like the way women were potrayed in Gothic so lets change it, even though its historically the way it was.
So WWII games should have no Nazis, no jewish prisoners, and no death...because YOU dont like to see it?
Lets edit out the part where US nukes Japan because its too 'icky' for you?
Maybe a game set in the US in the 1400-1700 wouldnt have slaves in it, cause "thats just not nice"
Well, history wasnt nice, it was real. A nice part about Gothic was the realism:
reel*izm (adj): Things pertaining to REALITY
When I play Gothic I dont want to enslave the next women I see on the street.
And when I'm done playing Half Life I dont hide a shotgun under my trench coat and hide behind boxes
The point: Games do not affect a persons way of thinking, because anyone with half a stable realizes they are
*GAMES*
Weak minded individuals look at video games and relate them to the outside world. Maybe you are one of them. And because you seem to be speaking for WOMANKIND, am I to think that ALL women are as shallow and foolish in their thinking as you are? God I sure hope not. Cause I deal with a lot of them on a day to day basis and they sure seem a lot more stable headed than you have shown in your 7 posts, with your "I am WOMAN, I will conquer all from this Forum!!" Do you know what penis-envy is? I think you are suffering greatly from this affliction...seek mental help...and that crack about watching Oprah? I take it back, you need to STOP watching her and have a few more beers (maybe 6 pack in your case) All you succeeded in doing in driving a line between the guys and the gals in here who love a game and want to talk about it.
Bah
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:14 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

On 2002-02-13 19:20, RoseVixen wrote:
Well Mushy,
This will be beneficial to the game makers cause women will won't be offended if the role of the female is changed in the game, thus more women may be willing to play the game. Didn't think of that, huh dipshit? :smile:Also, changing the role of the game it would cause less controversy which would be a lot less troublesome for the game-makers.
ANd my opinions will matter (esp, if NOW gets involved)..cause as a woman I have the right to freedom of speech when it is infringing on my rights..even in a game.

Haha, have you even PLAYED the game?
From what I understand you saw the 1st 30 seconds of the into then your ass sealed shut with tightness
Considering like .0000000000000001 percent of chicks play video games, I dont think PB will take too much of a hit in the female division of sale, troll
or should I say troll-ette :grin:DDDDDDDD

As for the controversy...PLEASE start one. Gothic got shitty promotion in the states and since there is no such thing as BAD publicity (esp when they got none for #1) nothing would please me more than to see the sales of Gothic2 skyrocket from some crazy chicken who flew off her coop cause of a 30sec FMV from a video game

Oh, and when you record my posts and send them to N.O.W. (HAHAHAHAAHAHA uh duh, yea this will happen) tell them to spell my name right, too many times when people flame me they type Sharpnel or Schrapnel or Snapple (man, I hate that one), and Im a 108 year old pig that learned to type in the circus many years ago.

Today is Feb 14. (Valentines day) go out tonight, have a few drinks, GET LAID and forget this ever happened. Tomorrow, go buy some nice new shoes and this will all be like a bad dream...

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-02-14 10:32 ]
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:21 pm

quote:

On 2002-02-14 10:21, Shrapnel wrote:
Today is Feb 14. (Valentines day) go out tonight, have a few drinks, GET LAID and forget this ever happened. Tomorrow, go buy some nice new shoes and this will all be like a bad dream...
<

Are you suggesting all women can be bought off with shoes? What a dissgusting thing to say. And just because it is Valentines Day it doesn't mean that I have to have sex! You men are the same!!! I don't deserve to be talked to like this!
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:00 pm

Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:01 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

LOL
ok Red_Dog, RedVixen, whoever you are...
I dont repsond to Anon posts
get registered then you may have the honor of conversing with a Rocket Scientist, till then you are naught but a lowly troll, spewing flames

So no more of this:
today is valentines day, go do some of this:
and this:

And yes, Im saying you DO need to have sex today (for more reasons that one HAHAHA)
Everyone deserves to get a little on V-Day.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:06 pm
Mushukyou
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm not sure if she's gonna read all of your replies or not. I'm sure she might today.

I tried to talk logic to her, she continued to be stubborn and think she should do something.. said she'd "call them".. I'm like, you're gonna call Germany? heh

"It was not atheists who flew hijacked airliners into the Twin towers and Pentagon, Mr. O'Reilly. It was a group of religious men whose belief in a higher power motivated them to carry out their dastardly deeds."
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:07 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:

On 2002-02-14 11:01, Suicidal Cockroach wrote:
Sorry I couldn't resist.

What I meant was that the anon post minutes before was mine. I was just making a joke.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:17 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I've said it before... Video Games, last I checked, fall under the category of 'art'. Art is judged differently. Otherwise all the religious works from several hundred years ago depicting women would be destroyed.

In any case: Is the way Gomez treats women offensive? Yes. Part of the reason I killed the bastard... in the game.

Are the weed smoking hippies offensive? Well... it could be argued, though I saw them more as pathetic than offensive.

Is all the killing offensive? If you're easily offended by tv or movie or computer game killing... yes. Then again... if you are... what the heck are you thinking buying a CRPG?

Is the stupid pony-tail on the male hero offensive? I found it offensive. Who can I write about that?

Everyone can find something they don't like about anything. I agree that the 'characters' in the game are sexist. All of them. Horrible, horrible, typical dark age sexist pigs.

But I don't think the game developers are sexist for making them that way. Any more than I think someone who writes a movie about a bank robbery is a bank robber.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:19 pm
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Political correctness on its own blows. I am convinced it leads to the degradation of the nation excersizing it separate from the knoledge and education. If anyone is offended by a very mild depiction of the ancient history in a computer game and wants to protest, they should make themselves more familiar with real history of the humankind. Just for instance, in the middle ages every noble knight was legally allowed to beat up his wife and only restricted from murder or serious injuries. I am not even talking about separation of families, slavery etc.

So, Rose, you would be probably shocked if you read more about ancient history. You would not get offended by Gothic if you did, rather disappointed by the fact that the girl being sent down did not take any part in the game. I was realy disappointed: she could have been a palladin, thief or priest depending on the main character's guild... Well, I am not happy with the RPG features of the game but this is a different story.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:46 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

I'm like, you're gonna call Germany? heh

Yep, from your phone too
Happy V-Day with that one
She probably gonna bring YOU Roses and Candy, then take YOU out to dinner so get your best high heels out
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:51 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

The HELL with censorship.

The HELL with people telling me what I should or shouldn't think.

The HELL with making Gothic 2 "politically correct"

Nothing anyone will DO or SAY will change the content of Gothic 2. I don't care what threats anybody makes, what whining nonsense they spout, or how much they hate it.

The content of a computer game is an axiomatically innocuous and entirely fictional thing, and would only offend an IDIOT.

There will be no "watering down" of Gothic 2. No one will deprive me, or any other fan of Gothic, from enjoying the game as it was meant to be seen, heard, and played.

Somebody doesn't like it?

Then TOUGH SHIT for them.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:54 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

We CAN change the Gothic 2 content, let's all unite and e-mail PB. We need to send hundreds of e-mails to them demanding that all of the characters be changed to fat ugly lesbians! We can get together a protest and march on Germany; all the while we will chant...
Fat Ugly Lesbians!!!
Fat Ugly Lesbians!!!
Fat Ugly Lesbians!!!

Come on people let's change the world!
Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:14 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next