Members
Usergroups
Baldur's Gate 3 (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
lordKarl

Baldur's Gate 3 (PC)

Holy shit finaly some information. I have been surfing the web for about a half a year now looking for some sign as to the next installment of this bitchin series. Finaly i have found some sign of life left in probably the greatest series ever made. i am so happy u got no idea well if uve played the game then i guess u do. The epicness makes ur eyes water dont it. damn thanks a ton needed some sign and u gave it to me booya ty peace.

-Karl-
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:23 am

Hopefuly this one might actualy be fun...
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:49 pm

tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

i just hope there will be some details soon
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:08 pm
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

If you didn't like the first 2 Baldurs Gate games you shouldn't even play RPG's.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Scrabblymuff

quote:
Originally posted by slak
quote:

If you didn't like the first 2 Baldurs Gate games you shouldn't even play RPG's.

Amen to that.

If you didn't like BG2 then it's time to hang up your robe and go back to CounterStrike forever.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:58 am

Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah, because BG2 is the pinacle of role-playing

I mean, it's a good game and all, I fairly like it, but it's not the end-all-be-all. It's drags on too much and sometimes feels long just for the sake of being "epic". Not mention the most annoying, SOB's ever seen in an RPG. People have different opinions. It's weird, I know.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:18 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

The only thing in BG2 that wasn't really good where the dialogue choices, very often I wanted to say something which was not in the list of options, this made the aspect of roleplaying a bit dull, a LG paladin must very often pick the same dialogue options as an CE berserker.

What's SOB precious?
Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:59 pm

There was an article in PC Gamer about Neverwinter Nights 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 being made by Obsidian Studios, which has some of the original employees from Black Isle. So the future for Baldur's Gate 3 is definite, and im pretty sure its gonna be bitchin awesome (what with the new graphics technology coming out) and since there are original Black Isle employees, I'm guessing there's gonna be some OlD sChOoL elements in the game (classic characters, great story) and maybe some multi-play...
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:40 pm

slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
There was an article in PC Gamer about Neverwinter Nights 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 being made by Obsidian Studios, which has some of the original employees from Black Isle. So the future for Baldur's Gate 3 is definite, and im pretty sure its gonna be bitchin awesome (what with the new graphics technology coming out) and since there are original Black Isle employees, I'm guessing there's gonna be some OlD sChOoL elements in the game (classic characters, great story) and maybe some multi-play...

Actually don't get your hopes up too mcuh about it being made by ex-Black Isle employees.

Bioware developed the entire series, Black Isle playtested and gave alot of feedback and Bioware changed the game accordingly in some cases.

But afaik i don't think Black Isle did any more than that on the Baldurs Gate titles.
IWD and Planecape: Torment were completely developed by Black Isle yes, but not Baldurs Gate =)
Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Actually, while I have not reat the aforementioned article in PC gamer, I dpoubt they have said anything like both NWN 2 and BG 3 being in development by Obsidian. More like NWN2 only, since they have not disclosed the BG3 developer yet.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I find it hard to believe that obsidian would do KOTOR2, NWN2 and BG3.
They arenīt that big and making only sequels to games of other studios is not really the way to go, it's far better to launch a succesful series for yourself.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:59 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

As long as it isnt some mickey mouse affair where someone is trying to make money off a name, thats fine...
It is Baldurs Gate after all, a fine series

As was said, except for the limited dialogue options, and a few other little things...it was indeed a high point in the genre

Looking forward to finding out who will be responsible for something I have anticipated since 2

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:10 am
funcroc
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28856&st=75

from John Morgan, Obsidian Entertainment's Assistant Producer

quote:
Obsidian Entertainment is indeed working on a third project. All I can really say is that it's in a state of pre-production at the moment and it is not a Bioware license.

quote:
It's not a sequel.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:53 pm
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by tolgerias
I find it hard to believe that obsidian would do KOTOR2, NWN2 and BG3.
They arenīt that big and making only sequels to games of other studios is not really the way to go, it's far better to launch a succesful series for yourself.

Well Baldurs Gate IS Bioware's series, they never owned the licence, but they made the whole thing.

They aren't developing Kotor2 or NWN2 though, those are both developed by Obsidian. (lots of former Black Isle employees)

And they are big, Bioware has hundreds of employees.

And no i'm not making any of this up, i'm a great fan and try my best to keep track of these things =)
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:54 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was talking about obsidian, slak
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:42 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next