Oblivion spell quest not acknowledged
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Invar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oblivion spell quest not acknowledged

I have the Oblivion spell quest from the alchemist in the harbor district. I've tried using it on the guy who won't stop hammering (yes, I know that I can't have witnesses) and it seems to work, but the alchemist won't acknowledge that I've succeeded. Any suggestions?
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:50 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Use it on someone else. Knocking down the hammer guy is a quest, and you will never get any penalty for that. Use it on a noble or something when he's alone. Perhaps the guy across the bow shop(he's got a shop there, and wants you to collect 100 gold from a girl to support you). Knocking him down and using it will get you his valuable sword, and finish the quest for you.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:36 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I usually use it on Valentino. He swaggers out of the bar at 4:00 AM everday and you can get him next to the stairs leading into the upper quarter. You can take his chest key from him then too.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:29 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
I usually use it on Valentino. He swaggers out of the bar at 4:00 AM everday and you can get him next to the stairs leading into the upper quarter. You can take his chest key from him then too.

Nah the little wanker must remember his beating and who gave it to him.
Beting valentino is a like sport. At the end of the game when i have loads of gold i usually end up beating him in a bright daylight.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:16 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Re: Oblivion spell quest not acknowledged

quote:
Originally posted by Invar
I have the Oblivion spell quest from the alchemist in the harbor district. I've tried using it on the guy who won't stop hammering (yes, I know that I can't have witnesses) and it seems to work, but the alchemist won't acknowledge that I've succeeded. Any suggestions?

You can only cast the spell when they are not mad at you. If you are in a fight you can't use the spell. Find someone secluded and beat them down....knocking them out(rob them while you are waiting lol).....then wait for them to stand....cast spell and talk to them...talk to the dude you got the spell from...quest complete.

Personally I don't care for all the running around to find a secluded victim, so I beat down the guy that gave me the spell/quest, rob him, let him stand, cast spell then talk to him. You get the exp for beating him down, all his goods, and a completed quest and exp without walking 2 feet

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:15 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Oblivion spell quest not acknowledged

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
I beat down the guy that gave me the spell/quest, rob him, let him stand, cast spell then talk to him. You get the exp for beating him down, all his goods, and a completed quest and exp without walking 2 feet

You are sick!! I love it!!

"Where will I find someone to use the spell on?"
"I will leave that up to you."
WHACK

Oh that's one of life's precious moments. That's up there with the Baal from the swampcamp that I always seal behind the door in the orc cemetery while he is still angrily chasing me and swinging his sword. I know I don't get the points from killing him, but who cares? He must have been foaming at the mouth from delirium and dehydration when he died.

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:50 pm
Invar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I "hit on" the lady at the inn across from the barracks (as suggested in another post) and it worked OK. The idea of beating down the questgiver was definitely a great one, though too evil for my good-guy mind to comprehend.

I have a couple more questions.

The drinking contest: I've got two guys drinking, but how do I resolve it? I looked at them briefly twice, then came back and watched them for about 10 minutes, but the contest never seems to end. I did switch the gin bottle in the chest for water.

What's a good way to do the drug deal in the brothel? I seem to be annoying the wrong people. The Thieves' Guild hitman already came after me, am I blocked from doing the drug deal now?
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:57 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

For the drinking contest you only need to come back a day later. Or maybe it is two days....no matter.....just go by the tavern when you are near, you will be stopped and told the contest is over. Then talk to the participants for some exp. and get paid.

You don't have to babysit the contest.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:30 am