Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Permanent Atribute potions in the valley of mines..where?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Permanent Atribute potions in the valley of mines..where?

I know I saw a thread either in this forum or on the JoWood forum but after searching I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know of the URL or can they post the known locations. I know there is a +5 (i think) str potion near the "new camp" (now covered in ice), would their happen to be one more? Just so I can use as little of my own strengh potions as possible before I get to 100str. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm sorry that so many of my posts are on the top, I just noticed that, some of them were posted yesterday though so it's not my fault
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:32 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Found two potions +15 life - both in new camp area. One or two is on top Ricerold`s Magazin. One maybe on mercs forifications over narrow path.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:42 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I found the life potions that bora found, too. I 'm pretty sure that there is a Dex+5 potion in Xardas' second to last tower, ie, the one that sunk, where you get the ore armor in G1.

So you've finally entered the Valley, then, hereticiv?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:49 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yep, I entered the valley last night and had a blast going through the orc hordes in the pass! Once I got to the castle I had very little life due to the battle and ran around the orcs to the side, killed two near the battering rams and then made it in. I got hit by one of the shaman and wow! That fire packs a punch. I can take getting hit by one but two will do me in easily!
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:30 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is a +5 dexterity permenate potion in the field raider bug nest cave at the back during the quest to help out Fester mercenary to clean up the cave of the beasties.

OT Chance for lockpick to not break while using them is equal to DEX attribute. Example at 10 dex, lockpick breaks 90% chance if turned the wrong way. Dex at 50=50% chance not to break, 100 dex never break? You get a message text 'sh*t start over' instead of 'pick broke'. You can enable random lockpick codes of certain lenght upon reloads to make more challenge instead of the 'power of reload if I broke pick', in the Gothic2.ini file.

OT Is alchemy even worth it? do you get back enough potions of DEX, STR and maybe Life that must be invested (20 LP I assume)? How many King's Sorrel plant are there in the game? Are all DEX and STR potion made +5?

What hunting skills must be learned to complete quest? Paladin to conscencrate sword needs dragon blood...guild quest dependent..Bosper must learn skin animals to fulfill his basic quest to aprentice...
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:46 am
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Alchemy is very worth it I think. I heard there is something like 12 or more king sorrals in the game and even right now it is worth it for me because I have six king sorrals and six dragon roots, that is 30str right there, that's nothing to shake your head at. In chapter two I've been finding so many goblin berries that I could make 30dex also. It is a great way to get well over 100 in an atribute and I wouldn't worry too much about lps because later on I've heard you have more than you know what to do with. To get the ability to make dex you need all 3 mana first, to make strength you need all 3 health so total it would be 40 lp but what character really needs both? As a merc I just need str so to hell with dex.

As far as hunting goes, you need skinning for bosper's quests and he pays very well so I recommend that and you will need dragons blood and dragons scales if you want some of the higher level swords and armor (for dragon slayers at least).
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:06 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

who trains for Dragons Blood? And if all 4 dragons are dead, where to get the blood from?

Also, how do I put a fire under Hagen's ass and get his ship to sail?
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:14 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Do you consecrate your sword again, with Dragon's Blood? I've already done it, no Dragon Blood required.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:58 pm
billythegreat
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
To get the ability to make dex you need all 3 mana first, to make strength you need all 3 health so total it would be 40 lp but what character really needs both? As a merc I just need str so to hell with dex.

U only need 25 Lp to learn - 3 health type potions ( essence,extract,elixir), then u can learn strenght potion from Constantino and potion of dexterity from Saggita.The rest r optional ( mana, speed from Ignaz)
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:46 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I found two potions of Life+15 at the old Mountain Fort.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:53 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Paladins cocecrate their weapon for a second time with Tears of INNos. Dragon blood is needed for mercs to create their weapon. And if You make Jan smith in chapter 4 he will buy dragon blood from You and You will get some Exp for every.
Gestath teaches how to get dragon blood.
If all 4 dragons are dead hard to say where to get dragon blood. Never seen it in merchants offers, but played Paladin. Maybe for Dragon Slayer it will be sold by someone - try Jan maybe he will have some if he buys them. Of course there is a dragon to kill in chapter 6 so maybe then You can forge ultimate Dragon Slayer`s weapon ?
Finding every possible King`s Sorrel and buying from every possible merchant in every chapter and finally taking both Milten and Vatras with You to last chapter its possible to collect 20 or more. I made myself 120 dex and over 240 strenght thx to potions.
May someone who played Dragon Slayer verify what I wrote concerning this guild - thx in advance.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:18 pm