View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Rhye
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Entering the thieves guild

I need some help.

I have completed the quest "Gold for a Merchant" (gave the gold back to Jora, but I didn't call the militia) and so failed "A brazen thief".
Then I did "The false messenger" bringing the stuff to the man in the pub,- so failing "Baltram's Shipment".
Then I found the fish and the note in bandits' cave. I brought it to the fisherman and had some other fishes. But no diary entry is added, I haven't a quest with the fishes, and when I go to the pub owner, he has no new info. No one from the guild, behind the houses near Edda contacts me to invite me or kill me.
What did I miss??
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:49 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

What happened with the fish monger? You should have given him the note and made a deal with him. Is this what happened? You might have to back to talk with him again to make sure, because the fish he shows you next time should be "special fish".

Also, did you collect your cut from Nagur? That's the only 2 things I can think of you might have missed.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:52 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

The pub owner also don't has information for you about Attila right away, you should wait a day before returning to him, then he'll give you Attila's mesage.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:47 am
Rhye
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I did everything you said with the fishmonger, and I collected the gold from Nagur. But I didn't wait one day, I'll try.
I'll try but I'm sure it won't work because I have no diary entry called "The Fishmonger"
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:37 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Basically, to get into the thieves guild, you need following:

Speak with Jora about the thief. Chase down Rengaru, tell him to give you the merchants gold and threaten him to put him into the jail. He'll plead you not to, ask why not and he'll tell about "good to have connections". Tell him to get lost, he'll thank you, then go to Jora and tell that the thief got away, but you managed to get the gold back, give him his gold;

Speak with weapon merchant about the bandits who held him, then get more details from Pedro. Find bandits, kill them, get the note, READ it. Go to the city and speak to Halvor, tell him that the note you have must belong to him. He'll read it, start sweat all over, and asks you not to. Tell him to make you an offer and don't turn him in;

Speak with Kardif and ask about "special job", he'll point you to Nagur. Take his job, get him the package, SLEEP until next day and go collect your cash. After that Attila will be waiting for you. Either Kardiff will stop you when you pass him and tell about Attila, or when you speak with him, he'll mention too.

And that's that, in general

EDIT: of course, you can also put all 3 in jail and Attila will then meet you too, although he'll be kinda grumpy. After "heated discussion", you will then get the key from his - now - not moving physique and enter the sewers as well, and join the thieves guild. Just remember that if you go down this path, you will have to join the thieves guild, because if you say that you do not want to, Cassia and her 2 "friends" will attack you.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:23 pm
Rhye
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you, I fond what was missing. I didn't thread Rengaru, just took the gold. That was the missing trigger.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:44 pm