Best... patch... ever!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Best... patch... ever!

Topic spoken with the voice of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

The patch is amazing. It increased my framerates, made the game better, fixed all the problems I'd been having, and even made my new High Elf look more badassed. The difficulty slider makes my level 30 uberchar fun to play again! w00000000t!

Sure, this topic might get locked because it's damn similar to another one, but, hey.

How are you guys's patch experiences?

I love you, Bethesda. Goodbye, XBox version - my addiction is back on the PC

-Matt
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:02 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Re: Best... patch... ever!

quote:
Originally posted by Fireteddy
Topic spoken with the voice of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

I take it you´re ironic?

CrossTopicBaner
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:12 am
sooth

hehe...thats a good n'...
my patch turned Morrowind into Doom 3
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:34 am

sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

patch improvements, hmmm

yeah, i think the patch does clear a few things up, at least since I played it today...though I havent really noticed much in the way of FPS or not crashing from a memory leak.
I have a question to you guys that have registered-how did you get a pic up on your posts? it didn't have a slot to upload one when i registered?
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:58 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Re: patch improvements, hmmm

quote:
Originally posted by sooth

I have a question to you guys that have registered-how did you get a pic up on your posts? it didn't have a slot to upload one when i registered?

After 500 posts, you get your own picture; in the meantime, feel free to select one from the gallery.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:15 am
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah, figured it out..kewl.

500 posts huh...i wonder if i could do that in an hour?
heh

Hey, if you guys have XP and your sick of the desktop themes that xame with it, try this site, they have free themes

http://www.themexp.org/

they have hundreds of cool ass themes(you gotta download their program to allow themes for xp, but its small)
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:38 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

You can't get 500 in an hour... there is a required time lapse between each post. Thank you for the link.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:16 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

I beg to differ with the topic of this thread. This patch is not good! Okey, i admit that it may fix some bugs, typos, whatever and this with that on top of that other thingie. BUT! It reinstalls those horrid *shudders* magiceffects! Plus, It renders the optimizer unuseable. And it throws a warning-window at you for EVERY goddamn plugin that hasn´t been loaded and re-saved in TES. I am confident that the magic-effects and the optimizer will be updated to match the patch but if I´m gonna have to resave every plugin I have installed for every new patch, then they better come up with something MUCH better than this! I.e new quests, severly inhanced fps, new areas yadda yadda yadda, in other words all the things missing in this one. I can live with bad AI and all that that has been gone through over and over, in fact I re-installed the game allready, I just wanted them to fix the crashes. The rest is just fine-tuning, that should have been fixed before release. Well, come to think of it the crashes should´ve been fixed too, and patches should not really be "patches" (=fixes broken stuff) but "game-enhancers" that adds new stuff, since the broken shouldn´t even be there! Thanks for reading.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:31 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I am going to have to call this Everquest offline. You are right about the problems and the patch didnt really fix any real issues. What we have here are amature programmers who are clueless.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:32 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

The best patch ever was the (gigantic) Deus Ex multiplayer/bug fix patch. It actually added a multiplayer option as well as new levels, random bug fixes, OpenGL support (!) among other things.

This patch.. Well, it's just baaad then the patch makes THEIR OWN official mods give you error messages everytime you start up the game. Ok, if there was one warning screen, but.. Hrmm.

It did however remove a bug that has been irritating me for a month now (endless loop in imperial law topic), increase MY fps and add a difficulty slider. I liked those changes. The other changes does nothing for me.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:04 am

quote:
Originally posted by Mattias Kreku
The best patch ever was the (gigantic) Deus Ex multiplayer/bug fix patch. It actually added a multiplayer option as well as new levels, random bug fixes, OpenGL support (!) among other things.

This patch.. Well, it's just baaad then the patch makes THEIR OWN official mods give you error messages everytime you start up the game. Ok, if there was one warning screen, but.. Hrmm.

It did however remove a bug that has been irritating me for a month now (endless loop in imperial law topic), increase MY fps and add a difficulty slider. I liked those changes. The other changes does nothing for me.

The patch does NOT increase fps at all.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:06 am

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
It increased my framerates

They did not change any engine code with the new patch...This thread shows why Morrowind has framerate issues, and how Bethesda will have to address the problem (if they ever choose to).

quote:
Well, it's just baaad then the patch makes THEIR OWN official mods give you error messages everytime you start up the game. Ok, if there was one warning screen, but.. Hrmm.

Um, all you have to do is resave the plugin's (official or not) and they correct themselves.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:15 am
Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

Hello, uhm.. guest?

That patch does increase fps over the original version, according to what I've read across the net. If you've used one of the no-cd/no-safedisk executables before, you probably won't notice that much of a difference, since they've apparently removed the safedisk checks with the patch. CD is still required though.

Meow...
Arhu
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:22 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

I have to disagree. To make this a considerable "best patch ever" they should have included multiplayer Then maybe this game would stay on my drive a little longer.

Oh well, see you guys when the next good rpg comes out...what will it be? Gothic 2?
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:58 am
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Anyone else seem to be taking damage when they strike a blow now?
Everytime I whack somebody, I get hurt too. Sometimes hurt a lot more.
Might be related to that hitpoint bar. It might be my imagination, or a mod I was playing, but bad guys also seem to regen hitpoints almost as soon as you stop hitting them
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:00 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next