Need Torch of Persistency plugin
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

Need Torch of Persistency plugin

I've just reinstalled MW with Tribunal, and want to start from scratch. Unfortunately I have long since deleted my plugins, and Torch of Persistency I recall as a particularly useful one. Also unfortunately, it seems that Morrowind Summit's download page is currently unavailable and its the only place I know that has this particular plugin.

Could someone please either email the plugin to me at loremaster@ntlworld.com or else provide a working link to it? Alternatively, is there another plugin that gives a permanent light source for dungeons etc?

Thanks a bunch !
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:47 pm
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

I managed to find the plugin on a foreign site, all downloaded and installed now.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 3:15 am
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

Message to Jo Ann re the Torch of Persistency

Jo Ann,

I got your email and tried to send the mod to you but it's been returned with your email name not recognised at that address. I can't remember the site I found the mod on, I used Yahoo Search for Morrowind and then tried all the sites listed that looked remotely plausible, and got it from a foreign one. I'll try and send the email again with the mod tomorrow but meanwhile if you have another email address please let me have it and I'll try that.

Regards

Loremaster
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:10 am
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

Another message for Jo Ann :)

Hi Jo Ann,

Still can't get my emails to reach you - the error report says your name isn't recognised at that address. Anyway, the way to install the mod is as follows:-

You need to put the file (I think I downloaded it as a single file but some mods are zipped and need to be extracted) into the Morrowind Data folder (by default it should be Program Files, Bethesda, Morrowind, Data ). Then boot up the game as normal but on the first menu screen click on Data. You should then see a list of files including Torch of Persistency. Double-click on the box beside that entry so it's crossed. Then carry on and play the game and the mod should be active. Ignore any warning that it may not be compatible, just click on continue and it should be fine.

Search the lighthouse in Seyda Neen. There are two torches, one is a spare in case you lose the other which you will do if you are carrying it in water.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Regards

Loremaster
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:57 pm