Easy XP points...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Easy XP points...

In Ch2 I found a way to wipe all the orcs around the castle in VoM without any trouble at all when you are too "weak" to do it face to face with them. The area in front of the broken ram, that's your entrance to the castle, is "restricted area" for the orc and they don't enter it. The only thing you need to do is to get them to follow you to the ram and waste them one by one after they turn back to get to their posts. One time I had 3 orc elites and 3 orc warriors in front of the ram screaming and boasting without getting a hold of me and I just sliced and diced the poor bastards. It takes a while to get rid of them all but it's totally worth it when you can gain 2 levels worth XP points by doing this. Orc shamans are not lured in the same way but after you're done with the others they are easy to waste one by one coz they don't have their precious bodyguards hanging around them anymore...

Thanks for the great forum by the way...
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:30 am
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well I did it with xbow just sneaking around and shooting them off one by one. Xbow level was at that time on 40. Not so high though. The only thing is that you can get your butt kicked if they come after you two or three at the time, so you need a lot of potions.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:03 pm
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On the contrary...I didn't need to use that many potions at all coz those bastards couldn't reach me at all. However if they managed to get into the "restricted" area(a bug!?) they stopped fighting even if they had their weapon wielded. Besides eventhough orcs seem to be slightly faster runners than you you still can easily avoid their hits by dodging whenever you see them raising their swords behing you're back...
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:09 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah that's better but you have to run your ass off and if you run from the other side of the castle they mostly stop and don't chase you all the way. On top of that the Orcs have mostly some potions on them and some gold.
Oh yes you also need a lot of bolts. Couple of thousand and that is a bit expensive but if you spare them from the beginning then you could have enough without buying extras. The gold you find compensates for value of bolts.
I've killed all Orcs of all kinds together with wargs and all other creepy crawlers in chapter 4 and that gave me 4 or 5 levels plus a lot of gold.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:49 pm
BluesodA
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's true that orcs among all the other hostile monsters give up chasing after awhile but the only thing you need to is just to run a couple of steps back toward them to get them to pull out their weapons and start chasing your ass again...At least you save on the money that you otherwise would have needed to buy all those bolts...
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:21 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

You are right it inly takes a bit long for my taste.
Reckon everybody has its own style of fighting.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:34 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I discovered a quick way of clearing most of the Orcs behind the Castle (the ones below the cliff where Hosk Pak is camped) at one time.

You need a crossbow powerful enough to hurt Orc Elites, lots of bolts and a couple of Speed potions (or some Snapper Weed).

As you come down the Ram and turn right, you will come to a point where there are a lot of snappers. Once you deal with these you will see a point where the ridge comes down to the plain. Here there is a circular "bowl" cut into the rock below a small cliff (there is also a small cave there with field raiders in it). This is where you spring your trap.

At the point where the cliff merges into the plain there is a large boulder. Stand next to this boulder and face the Orcs camped behind the Castle. Drink your Speed potion and run at the Orcs. Dodge around a bit and try to enrage as many as possible to get them to chase you. Then lead them back towards the cliff and the "bowl". Head straight for the "bowl" and at the last minute, dodge left, go around the boulder and up to the top of the cliff overlooking the "bowl".

If everything works out correctly, the Orcs will cluster around the base of the cliff trying to get to you and won't circle around boulder (if you bring a large group of Orcs, there always seems to be one or two who make it around the boulder and come at you, so be prepared for that).

Now you can just shoot the Orcs below you like fish in a barrel. If you didn't get all of the Orcs at once, just do this again until you get the rest. Often, you can get Wargs trapped this way too.

Generally, as mentioned above, the Orc Shamans don't chase you the same way, so you will have to deal with them individually later.

Happy Orc hunting!

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:39 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

I just jump on a wooden column.Those columns to which the Orc's huts are tide
on the ground....but be sure its a tall one or the Orcs will hit you down.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:35 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

The best way to kill the orcs is as a 6th circle mage with mass destruction.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:40 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Graham 2,

I agree that's the best way!

I was just mentioning a way to do it in Chapter 2, before your hero has attained his true and rightful level of power.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:44 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm in chapter 2 at the moment and I can kill orcs in meelee Fights, Im on level 20, 100STR 60% 2H And I have the Dragon slicer. If you want orc shamens to follow you then run near them so they draw there axe and wait for them to start running at you, then run away and they should follow you
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:53 pm