View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
DeathBringer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Groups of Enemies

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody else was having trouble beating groups of enemies, e.g. three or more. Sometimes you can't lure creature by them selves and they all come and attack you and far the faster creatures like orcs, dragon snappers and minecrawler warriors its really tough. I find myself reloading all the time because i get eaten pretty quickly.

My character is a merc lvl 9, using melee.

Thnxz
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:37 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Re: Groups of Enemies

quote:
Originally posted by DeathBringer
Hi

I was just wondering if anybody else was having trouble beating groups of enemies, e.g. three or more. Sometimes you can't lure creature by them selves and they all come and attack you and far the faster creatures like orcs, dragon snappers and minecrawler warriors its really tough. I find myself reloading all the time because i get eaten pretty quickly.

My character is a merc lvl 9, using melee.

Thnxz

That is perfectly normal at that level. It will still be tough for some time, too. Some enemies like Wargs, Wolves, Orcs and such will alert others in their area when attacking so there is no way to lure them, others like Snappers or Skeletons can be lured away form the group. To do this first look at the group of enemies and determine which one is the farthest away from the group and from which direction you should lure him. Then inch your way toward the enemy until he get's your attention and start to back up until you divided him from the group by a safe distance (meaning a distance where others of the group will not notice and interfere your battle), then kill him, lather, rinse and repeat. Also be wary, since sometimes two enemies in a group are so close together that another one will notice you too, and you might get into a bit of trouble.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:46 pm