Help with Assassin?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
charliebk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help with Assassin?

Just had a couple of questions for people who have played the assassin/thief class. Thanks.

1) Can you sneak and critical hit with long blade? What about a bow? I'm a dark elf assassin that opted for long blade and marksman only, NOT short blade. Will this be a problem?

2) If I join the thief's guild and fighter's guild, can I still join the assassin's guild later without a problem?

3) Is it easy to join the assassin's guild?

4) Any additional useful hints for this class?

Thank you!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:26 am
Daudr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Help with Assassin?

quote:
Originally posted by charliebk
Just had a couple of questions for people who have played the assassin/thief class. Thanks.

1) Can you sneak and critical hit with long blade? What about a bow? I'm a dark elf assassin that opted for long blade and marksman only, NOT short blade. Will this be a problem?

Not sure about this, but the book says you can get "criticals" (AKA knock-downs) with any weapon and I have gotten them a lot lately with my longbow. Not sure about the long blade because I can't test it in-game.

quote:

2) If I join the thief's guild and fighter's guild, can I still join the assassin's guild later without a problem?

You can for sure join both the Thieves and Morag Tong (assassin) guilds because I'm in both. Not sure what will happen if you add the Fighter's guild, but as long as they aren't enemies of each other it should be possible.

quote:

3) Is it easy to join the assassin's guild?

As long as you can find them, it is pretty easy to get in, just not easy to execute your first writ. The guy you have to kill is one mean Mofo.

quote:

4) Any additional useful hints for this class?

Thank you!

Stealth is awesome. I use it all the time!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:32 am
Captain Earl

Could you PLEASE tell me where the leader guy of the Morag Tong in Vivec is? I've been looking for hours, and it's getting rather silly. Plus all I remember is that his first name has the letter H in it, so my chances of finding him soon are... none.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:27 am

Theres a trapdoor in the Arena Canalworks storage room. You can find the guild through there.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 9:44 am

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

answer to all your questions.

You should not want all of these questions answered because it is fun to just learn yourself but here you go anyways.

You can join every single guild there is but will not beable to complete all of there quests because some usually involve pissing the others off. Joining every guild and house is actually useful because your faction goes up with them and that helps with how they view you.

You can critical hit with any weapon in MELEE weapon in the game while in sneak mode. (I have done it but can't get on for bows so if I am wrong tell me) but marksman is by far the best for a stealth class. The reason for this is using your acrobatics skill you can get to places where the NPC's can't and just hit them dead while they try to get to you. You get your bow skill raised so high this way.

As with the assasin's guild, someone already said where they are located, just find the stogage room in the arena and look for a locked, trap door (which mean have those skills at I think 35) I found the writ very easy since I killed him without even suffering a single wound. The reason for this is I cound a really nice short blade that does paralyze on contact. (I hate spoilers but you will need to know this, when you get the dwemer puzzle box for the fighter's guild for the info request; that same dungeon around the bottom, which you can all get to if at a reasonable level (I did at lv 6) you will find a locked chest with this very useful weapon) I kill mobs that are way harder than me only because I can paralyze them so I get them half way dead before they even start hitting me.

I am telling all stealth classes this right now. The most important weapon skill you will want in the game is short blade. I will not tell you why but just know that you will be the happiest little thief in the world if you have this skill maxed out then go ahead and play with what ever weapon you want.

I started all over playing an imperial (make my own class) basically the same as an assasin but took out alchemy, just because I don't want to mess with it and use mercatile instead just because I want money. I am playing an imperial because I want to start out with lower skill points so I can gain more levels in the long run since 15 skill compared to a starting one of 30 is an extra level in the long run, so I am getting like 2 more. No big deal but I also chose the steed for my birthsign and i had speed at 100 so quickly that I can't even raise it anymore. I picked the lady now just because endurance and personality I will never really get up there but I will have speed, agi and str really high later on so this all works out to my advantage. It will suck a little in the beginning, but I will start seeing the benifits later on.

Have fun!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:22 pm