Crossbow quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ezoons
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Crossbow quest

I met this guy Dragomir and almost immediately after, forgot about this crossbow of his.
Some time later I stumbled upon this weapon purely by accident.

And I have no clue where this person is!
So I'm stuck, spent loads of time roaming around the map just to find him, killing off all fauna in a large chunk of forest in the process

Please help - where is Dragomir?!

PS It seems like I've managed to sell Bosper's bow... I've raided the Thieves, and got rid of all useless stuff right after that. Now, when (Ch3) most traders refuse to deal with me (with that "you convict!!!" bullsh), the quest is gone
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:07 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Crossbow quest

quote:
Originally posted by ezoons
Please help - where is Dragomir?!

So, you met Dragomir and found his crossbow, but couldn't find him anymore. Wow, Dragomir must be very jumpy.

Anyway, go to the tavern (K8 ) first, and then head to L8 of this map.

P.S. That map is VERY useful. Hopefully linkitch won't kill me for that.

quote:
Now, when (Ch3) most traders refuse to deal with me (with that "you convict!!!" bullsh), the quest is gone

Did you accept the pass from Canthar? Did you fail Canthar's quest? I think this is the consequence for failing Canthar's quest.

If there's no other choice, knock down the merchant you sold the bow. Loot the merchant and get the bow. As the merchant recovers, cast Oblivion spell on him/her. I think you'll be fine then.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:18 am
ezoons
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wow that was quick!
Thanks mate

quote:
Did you accept the pass from Canthar? Did you fail Canthar's quest? I think this is the consequence for failing Canthar's quest.

Canthar...
Is it the trader I first met on the way to town from Xardas, near the farm?
He also wanted to sell me his pass...

If it's him then I haven't gotten any assignments from him at all. I didn't take the ID (climbed over the wall instead) and when he wanted to blackmail another trader I didn't even bother to negociate.
So it can't be him. Or so I think.[/quote]
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:25 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

If it's him then I haven't gotten any assignments from him at all. I didn't take the ID (climbed over the wall instead) and when he wanted to blackmail another trader I didn't even bother to negociate.
So it can't be him. Or so I think.

But, did you FAIL Canthar's quest? (i.e. Did the journal actually says that you fail to blackmail Sarah?) I don't know... Perhaps go talk to Lord Andre and see if you can clear up your name by paying the fine. Probably you stole stuff from someone and you didn't clear the bounty on your head.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:28 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Someone somewhere else on this forum mentioned he had probably the same problem He didn`t take pass from Canthar, he never was given the quest from him to frame Sara and still in chapter 3 or 4 he was forced to pay 500 to Canthar. Otherwise other merchants didn`t want to trade with him. Maybe sometimes something small triggers this bug?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:16 pm