Tips on Picklocks and weapon effectiveness
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tips on Picklocks and weapon effectiveness

I found the map of the old camp. Should I do a .doc with a labelled map w' a key w' all of the combinations for Gothic v.1.08j. Also I have hints on weapon effectiveness on, wolves for example (use bow and arrow or crossbow). Reply to ea177@philipmorant.essex.sch.uk or add to this thread for more details.
One last thing-has anyone already come up with and done this idea? If so please call.

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Mon May 27, 2002 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 22, 2002 9:46 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Corrections

Because I was such and idiot, I didn't spell 'found' properly, therefore my apologies, this has been corrected. Also 'Dark Guard what?' means Dark Guard ][, because I forgot to Login. I can't be bothered to wait for an em@il or reply. I will post a copy of .txt files into a reply for use. I will also make a .doc with a numbered map for em@iling.

Again my sincerest apologies.
"For Diego"

Alexis Massey-Ryan

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Mon May 27, 2002 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 22, 2002 9:59 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The picklock codes

Save BEFORE opening each chest, and ONLY after IF you have gotten away with it.
Here are the promised codes.
Most of these are from the outer ring (Motte) of the Old camp

Guy's meeting Cabain:LLRL
Near arena 1:RRLR
Snaf's hut R:RLLL
L:

Nek's old hut:LRRL
1 (ac) From Guy's hut:Nothing in either
2 (ac) from Guy's hut:RRLL
3 (ac) (w' ladder) Guy's hut: RRLL
3 (c) (w' skull) Nek's hut:LRRL
2 (c) Nek's hut Hut:
1 (c) Nek's hut: LLLRRL

Scally's house: RLRL
Fallen Tower: RLLL
1 (ac) South gate:RRRR
1 (C) South gate (lower):
1 (ac) (inner circle-wise) Fletchers hut:No chests

NC trader's hut:RLLRLL
Gor Mantis' hut:LLRL
Gravo's hut:
Hidden Castle door:Unbreakable
NG Gatehouse:RLRR
NG 1 (C):
NG 2 (C):RLLRRR
NG 3 (C):RLRR

Guy's hut 1 (ac) (facing):RLLR
Guy's hut 1 (ac):

Huno's workshop 1 (ac):
Meatbug box:Opens
NG 1 (ac):
Pass-through hut:LLLR
Jackal's pass-trough hut:LLLL
Bailey Gatehouse 1 (c):RLLR
Grim's hut:LLLR
Bastard chest:Opens
Diego's hut:LRRLLL
Door near Cavalorn:Key in his chest

Wolf hideout by OC North river (Right):RLLR
(Left):RRLR

These next ones are from the inner ring (Bailey) of the Old Camp
Temple R:RLLR
C:RRLLLLRR
L:LLRR

Stones locked room:Needs key
Stone's workshop R:LRLLLR
L:LRLRRL

Barthelo's room:LLLLRLRL
Barthelo's Door:RLLLRL
Barthelo's 2nd Door:LRLLLR

1st floor of tower R:LRRLLLLR
C:LLRRRLRR
L:RLLRRLRR

2nd floor of tower R:RLLLRLRR
C:RRRLLRLR
L:LRRLRLLR

3rd floor of tower R:RRLLLLRL
L:LLLRLLRR

Raven's room:RLLLRLLR
Arto's chest:RLLLLLRR
Thorus' chest:RLLLLLRR
Scar's chest:RLLLLLRR

Diego's room R:Need keys
L:Need keys

Cavalorn's hut:Opens
Cavalorns hideout behind the hut:Uses key
Cav's Hide R:LR
L:Opens

Guard room (C) from Inner gate
(Look for the bookshelf in a roomful of chests, these are from the bookshelf)
1 (C):LRLLRR
2 (C):LRRR
3 (C):RLRR
4 (C):LRRL
5 (C):RLLR
1 (AC):LRRR
2 (AC):LLRL

Stones gaedrobe:Needs key
Aarons chest:Buy key off Snipes and thenreturn it after using it.
Snaf's hut L:LRLLRL
R:RLLLLR
End room from Bailey gate. Go to the gatehouse, then go across tothe doors.
L:LRRL
R:RLLR

2nd floor guard room from corner w' 2 doors clockwise.
1:LRLL
2:RLLR
3:RLRR
4:RRRR
5:RLLLL
6:RRLR

Other side from door (go out the far door and across the walkway) clockwise.
1:RRRL
2:RLRL
3:RLLL
4:RRRL
5:LRRR
6:LLRR

Gomez's en suite kitchen chest (in the opposite corner):RLLLRL
Store room next to Fisk's place:LRRL (you need to be OC or at night)
R:LLLRLL
RRLLRC:
LC:LRLR
L:RRRL

Fisk's door:Opens
bed:RLRR
R:RRRLRLLR
C:LLLLRR
L:LRRRLR

2 (C) FH:LLRRRR
3 (C) FH:RLLR
4 (C) FH:LLRL
1 (AC) NCGuyH:RLRL
Huno's workshop:RRLRLL
3 (AC) NE:LRLL

New Camp.
2nd floor of inner entrance (Right):RLLR
2nd floor of inner entrance (Left):LRRLR
Lefty's hut:LRLLLR
Jeramiah's chest:LRLL
Pub upper chest R:LRLL
L:RLLR
"Shrike's" hut:Opens
Lee's chest:LRLLRR (this is a 'no possesion room', 'a room that can be accessed even if you have no value aor are of a negative value' worldcraft talk [ask for more details])
Nafarius' hut:RLLRRL
Myxir's hut:LLLRLR
Library hut:None but check out the books (Can be stolen from door)
Riordian's hut:RRLRRL
Next door to Riordian:LLLRLR
Meridorian's hut:LRLRLR

Swamp Camp.
Cor Kalom's lab (Right):Unbreakable
(Left):RRLR

Y'berion Right room:LLRLRR
Y'berion Centre room:LLRLRRLL
Y'berion Left room:RLRLRR
Forge:LRRLLL

Unpossesed chests.
Dead ore Baron (try to open the chests first):LLR
Bridge between NC and NC hunter:LLR

Em@il me for a key'd .bmp for the Old camp. Don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand anything.

Also, use swords on Molerats and scavengers, they die easily. Bloodflys are useless wasting arrows on, bot DON'T fight swarms of them. Lizard and amphibians are very hard as they have a tough hide. Don't take on anyone who has a higher weapony status than yours i.e.You have a one handed, they have a two, you have a bow/longbow, they have a crossbow.

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Thu May 23, 2002 10:05 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Valuable infos. Thanks.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 10:37 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Weapon effectiveness and easy level ups.

Weapon effectiveness:
How about this, you know your long/cross/bow or two handed weapon, try astanding on the shore or bank of a river or sea, but in the water shallow enough to draw your weapon. The AI that is programmed to walk can only walk on land, but the shores are classed as water. Baisicaly I am saying that you stand in the water, tempt a beast to the water and attack them from there. BUT I am only as far as the 1st information mission in the Old Camp storyline, so I don't know of any amphibious or projectile monsters. Bloodfly's aren't fooled, and Lurkers COULD be amphibious, but apart from that this trick works fine.

Easy level ups:
Do all the joining camp missions up to the point where all you need to to is talk to one person and you are in that caste, this way you have earnt the most exp you can by being a goody-two shoes and fighting monsters, NEVER lie unless your life depends on it, you tend to get exp for telling the truth. Save in the following ways, saveslot 1&2 are Old camp 1&2, saveslot 4&5 are New Camp 1&2, saveslot 7&8 are Swamp camp 1&2, then make 14&15 Variation saves, use these on long missions. This save setup makes the chance of saving over an important file slim. One last tip, when you are tired, load and save SLOWLY, don't rush otherwise you cold load or save something you really don't want to.
Happy hinting! (gettit!)
:|o|:

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Fri May 24, 2002 12:20 pm
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mine crawlers

Check this out, I am still trying to find that dammned Queen Crawler but I already have tips on the little b***ers. NEVER get below them, always be above them. long/bows and crossbows are best to shoot at them from ledges. Use ladders, because they can't climb them. Make sure you have lots of light, you need to know exactly where they are. Sidestep because they are VERY fast (get your hands on ACROBATICS). If you run out of light RUN like hell. Try using the Mincrwaler transform (found in or by the OC temple), but I haven't tried this so I don't know if you drop all your items. Buy Magic circles, these are more expensive but they use less mana.
More tips soon.

Alexis Massey-Ryan

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Wed May 29, 2002 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon May 27, 2002 10:07 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks and tips

How about this, don't bother with the picklock and pickpocketing ability upgrades untill you are a master at single handed and bow fighting, you have SNEAK and you have ACROBATICS. Because you don't really need to use pickpocketing because of the furs and weapons in the standing tower of the old camp so you alredy have the cash needed, and you don't need the lock picking ability because I have given you most of the codes. Getting the skinning and other abilities of that type are essensial, get these abilities and then go to someone to upgrade your strength so that you have 0 skill points, that way when you next level up you have 10 skill points instead of 16, which you can't get a skill with, if you know what I mean.
Also, if you feel like beating anybody up of the level of Mercenary/Guard/Paladin, DON'T, I have a feeling that you will need their freindship later on in the storyline.
Dark/Black goblins, these are the outdoor version of minecrawlers, theyr'e fast and tough and very dangerous unless you are level 8 with good weapon protection.
Scavengers, are esy food, and later when you have joined a camp wolves become prey instead of preadators.

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Valuable infos. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Guard ][
Thank you, I will post more hint and tips

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Mon May 27, 2002 10:31 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

!WARNING! Swampsharks !WARNING!

I encountered the swampsharks yesterday, these are found behind the swamp camp near the swampweed processing vats. These fast amphibious lizards are tough. They Are fast in water but slower on land. They are suceptable to arrows, so find a rock or log to stand on. But they are vey tall and are nearly impervious to normal one-handed weapons. I advise a medium armor Lv10, or a heavily armored Lv8 with good strength, 35/40 should do.

Alexis Massey-Ryan

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:02 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Easy cash

You know those picklock combinations I gave you, well the standing tower has 2+ Rusty two handers, 30+ wolfskins and 10+ shaddowbeast skins, sell these to the shaddow In Stone's workshop.. Also the guardroom (the one with the guy ho does 'standing godfather') has two bedrooms, one on the ground floor and one on the 1st floor. I have codes for the one on the 1st floor and will publish these soon. Also in the period of time that you enter he game between the time that you enter the a camp, there is the OC trader under the motte canopy (with Fisk). He will pay more than 1/2 of the value of herbs. Pick up herbs and mushrooms and sell the to him but keep slaves bread, these are very handy.

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Wed May 29, 2002 9:31 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Multi-choice between Old Camp and New Camp

Try being good to the Old camp up to the point where you do Diego's mission. At this point go to the New camp and hand over the letter and the list, then do a few other missions and you should be well on your way to the New Camp. BUT there is the possibility that the entire Old camp turns against you.
More picklock codes comming on the 9/6/2002. Half term over here. See yah!

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Fri May 31, 2002 12:43 pm
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Magic circles, level calculations and picklock update.

It took me a bit but I have a file where I have the second magic circle and I am only level 10. While still being trained in sneaking and level 1 in one-handed and bow weapons. Lv2 magic is handy since runes can be used repeatedly, lv2 will give you light and healing and also firebolt and ice block. Although fire bolt and ice block are baisic, they will save you even if they are weak.
I have calculated the level at which you need to be at which you can learn everything and have an extra 10 mana+dexterity+strength. Try lv1 1-handed+lv2 1-handed+lv1 2-handed+lv2 2-handed+lv1 bow+lv2 bow+lv 1crossbow+lv2 crossbow+acrobatics+sneaking+magic cricles 1-6+lv1 picklock+l;v2 picklock+lv1 pickpocketing+lv2 pickpocketing+mana/strength/dexterity bonuses=
(10+20)+(30+40)+(10+20)+(10+20)+10+10+(10+15+20+25+30+35)+(10+20)+(10+20)+(5+5+5+5+5+5)=395 skill points
395/10=39.5 round this up and you have level 40.
By the end of the minecrwaler queen mission you should be at least lv 10,
By the end of the Focus stone collecting mission (the second one) you should be at least lv 20, and by then you are only 1/3 of the way through the 1st CD!!!
I should be able to update the picklock codes by the 7/10/2002 or by 15:20 GMST. These include the codes to the Water magicians chests and Lee's chest.

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:25 pm
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Minecrawler queen

There you go, updated.

Now...to defeat the minecrawler queen you need 5 fireballs (or chargeable fire spells), light and healing. Make sure you are around Lv8 with power and life rings on. By this time you should have attained the wooden skin amulet from Bart's room. Have the best armour you can have (Shaddow,Heavy Bandit, Novice) on. Get all three Gor na's, then cast light when they arrive. You have to open the gate so be ready when the Templars are in position. Once it is open stand next to a templar or go just behind the most forward one, MAKE SURE that they don't die. After the first wave has come and gone there are always a few straggleres, go in to where the path veers left and goes down to the right, there should be two or three. Run like Bu**ery back to the templars while keeping the minecrwlers following. Make sure you have as meny mandibles as possible. Save and go further in. Repeat the tempting untill the path to the hole is clear. The hole is the black space on the wall that light up when you go in and turn left, there should be a minecrawler delivery tube on either side. Climb up it and pick off the two minecrawlers outside the eerie red entrance witha a bow and arrow. Save and go down the red tunnel with bow equipped. There are three minecrawlers around the queen stay in bow and kill them (even at point blank). Once they are dealt with save and use the (fully charged) fireballs on the queen. I recommend at least 5, but 10 is safe (buy them from Torez, Cronos and Baal whatever [the guy you impress with sleep]).
Either kill her or move quickly and take all her eggs. 2000 exp for killing her and no more minecrawlers (for the moment). If you take the most direct path there are three minecrawlers along the obvious path (left and the left again from the gate). Save and either tempt them or do a direct assault, your choice.

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:16 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

For people who need more I have more

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:41 pm
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Harpies, Brdge/Stone Gollems and Good weapon locations.

Harpies.
Ainchent mythological flyaing females. Lured Sailors to deaths with angelic singing. Kill with Mastery of Longbow and Wolfshredder.

Bridge/Stone Gollems.
Gigantic living mountains or small hills, take out with God's hammer.

Good weapons obtainable from,
Forge at Swamp Camp, Cavalorn, Sharky and Scorpio at beginning of Chapter 4.

P.s. Freakie, I suppose you mean more picklock codes, or tips on weapons.

Alexis Massey-Ryan
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:07 am
Dark Guard ][
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Biters, Snappers, Razors and a warning.

Biter:
The smaller Brother/Sister of the Snapper. These pose little threat if handled by mastery of single-handed or trained doyble-handed. They do little damage if you have light guard/light mecenary/heavy novice armor. They hunt in small packs of five to ten. They come up to lower chest height and therefore can't get a critical hit.

Snapper:
The more deadly big brother/sister of the Biter, these predators have no predators apart from Orcs and shaddowbeasts. These do medium damage to Guard/Mercenary/light Templar armor. These beasts hunt in packs of Seven or more. You will need to either have a longbow and mastery of bow, or a double-handed weapon and training or mastery of two handed weapons, although it has been known to beat four Snappers with the death sword and mastery of single-handed. They aren't amphibious, and can't climb BUT they can jump or run fast enough to run up hills (Watch out for the ones near the Tower near Cavalorn).

Razor:
These are the biggest baddest brothers of this family found before chapter 5. These are extremely fast, do heavy damage to even heavy Guard, Mercenary, Templar armor. These hunt in packs of at least 7, swim, but they can't do damage while in the water. Thay have a tough hide, but a master at two-handed weponry can demolish one at a time.

!Warning!
The following beasts are either amphibious or unaffected by water; Lurker, Lizard, Harpy, Bloodfly, Razor (Snappers step into shallow water).

Alexis Massey-Ryan

Last edited by Dark Guard ][ on Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:14 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next