Usergroups
mages quest: retrive a book from some mage in vivec
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

mages quest: retrive a book from some mage in vivec

Look im really stuck.

Im supposed to get a book called zimarlion or something chimalaraidid

wathever. I got this lame quest to steal it for an kadrun mage from an vivec mage. The vivec mages says she never heard of it. I have charmed her to 100/100. but still no book :/

Im going to join redourn house now. and do a pilgrimage...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:23 am

sphinxlet

Yeah, that quest really gave me trouble too. She won't admit to having the book. I learned the spell, 'Hide', which is invisibility. Sorry, I don't remember which mage guild I was at. So I cast that, went into her room. Don't remember if I used 'Detect Key' to find her key on the dresser, but that's where it is. The chest that has her book is in her closet. It's the way I worked it out. Maybe someone has another suggestion.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:47 am

Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As I recall you recieve 2 scrolls that will unlock containers when you first recieve this quest.

I walked straight into her closet and used the unlock scroll on the chest and took the book.

Just don't talk to her about the book when you have it...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:49 pm
Greyhawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where is this Mage shop?

been looking for this mage shop, somewhere in Vivec, where?
thanks for the other tips too.!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:48 pm

thnx

this only means its a goner :/

I allready opened everything in the vivec guild, and killed everyone to strip them for the book. But its not there (yes I saved before doing all this masacre and bad people stuff ). Ill try to se if the damn book is there if i use the key. maybe its the trigger for it being in the closet.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:14 pm

Isis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help Has Arrived

Ok, to solve everyones problem you must go upstairs in the mages guild and zin (for short) is located in a bedroom now she will not tell you about the book you must open up her closet door make sure you close the door behind you because you are about to steal the book and don't want to get caught and kicked out of the guild.

Once the closet door is closed use the open spell you where given to open the chest on the floor the book should be there (DO NOT SELL THE BOOK). Ok once you get the book do not i repeat do not speak to zin again just leave out of the guild hall tp back to balmora to finish quest.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:17 pm

Re: Help Has Arrived

quote:
Originally posted by Isis
Ok, to solve everyones problem you must go upstairs in the mages guild and zin (for short) is located in a bedroom now she will not tell you about the book you must open up her closet door make sure you close the door behind you because you are about to steal the book and don't want to get caught and kicked out of the guild.

Once the closet door is closed use the open spell you where given to open the chest on the floor the book should be there (DO NOT SELL THE BOOK). Ok once you get the book do not i repeat do not speak to zin again just leave out of the guild hall tp back to balmora to finish quest.

hey hey hey!

should have worked. but then again if it where that simple I would have stolen the book already . Its simply not there.

isnt there an console command to insert object? I have gotten around prettie much and are an level 40 battlemage with a big rep in the world.
So the thought of having to restart the whole game is abit scary.

I checked from my erlier save game. the book isnt there....even att day 10 of my journey....and the skull for the main quest....gone to :/
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:56 pm

There are commands that can insert it for you but only can tell you the syntaz and not what the name of the item is called

Part of the command is:

'player->AddItem"item name is what I am not sure of"

You may have to wait until someone that really knows can post also I have read in other posts from characters that are at a high lvl starting to do quests is to check if you did not actually receive the quest and it is written in your journal if it is not there it will not work and the item will not be there for you to take, now I have no idea if that is true but others have come across the same problem as you in other quests or it may just be another bug in the game who can say .

Isis
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:27 pm