FATE: Review @ GameSpy
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

FATE: Review @ GameSpy

GameSpy's <a href="http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fate/657724p1.html" target="_blank">review</a> of WildTangent's 'FATE' is full of praise, along with a score of 4.5/5:<blockquote><em>Fate, simply put, is one of the best PC games released so far this year. It's elegantly designed, hopelessly addictive, and -- best of all -- only costs $20. So why haven't you seen in on store shelves? That's because it was developed by WildTangent, and is only available online via the company's website. Don't let the "indie" game label fool you - it's a superb game.</em></blockquote>
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:26 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Download the demo. This is a FUN game. Really.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:27 pm
bargeral
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I can second that. It is fun and worth a download if not the 19$. I got a copy and it does get repetitive, I'm at about level 25.
Post Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:26 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It is fun, and I definitely felt that I got my $20's worth out of it. However, the review is perhaps a little too gushing. I say without hyperbole that FATE fails to achieve 1/10th the delicious depth of Diablo II (particularly after the rebalancing in the latter's 1.10 patch). I know that on this site "depth" and DII are seen as opposing forces, but playing a game like FATE after thoroughly playing DII really brings it home to you just how exquisitely crafted and complex a game Diablo II is.

So why don't they make a sequel already? Stupid Blizzard. Anywho, still a great job on FATE, especially from such a small team.
Post Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:18 pm
Lucky Day

No mention of the spyware that is included with Fate. No surprise from Gamespy.
Wildtangent mentioned something in a patch to keep anti-spyware proggies from seeing it as spyware (I'm assuming spybot). I'm wondering what the current news is on this.
Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:08 pm