D&D Classes? (Some spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Playing as D&D Classes, AKA - Too Much Time

* = Interesting idea, but miss some requirements to finish the game (unlikely it would work )

Barbarian
Join New Camp as a Rogue
Become mercenary as quick as possible
Dont spend points in 1h sword, you can buy 2h sword without 1h sword from Lee later on.
Learn how to use a bow, and use the bow until you can learn 2h weapons from Lee.
Focus on being best in 2h weapon with lots and lots of strength.
Try to learn a bow next to strength/2h weapons.

Spend money on armor and the best strengthbonus artifacts you can find.

Get 2h weapons by beating up your buddies or killing orcs.

Bard *
Join any camp
Learn pickpocketing, 1h weapon and Crossbow. Beat up peasents since you find the one with all lutes. If you wish, try to learn enough magic to use Charm

(Fun, but unlikely you will be able to finish the game )

Cleric/Paladin
Join the sectcamp
Use Melee weapons combined with Sect Camp magic. Train in both strength sect camp circles and Mana. Beat up/Convert everyone that doesnt believe in the Sleeper. =)

Druid *
Kill everything except for animals

Spend money on: Animal summoning and Shapechanging

(No, it doesnt work)

Fighter
Join any camp
Master yourself in first strength then dexterity. Get the best melee weapons you can find. Try to learn crossbow next to boosting your strength & dexterity.

Spend money on buying healingpotions and better armor. Buy strengthboosting artifacts.

Mage/Sorcerer
Join Old Camp or New camp. Avoid training in dexterity & strength. Focus on learning all the circles. Use the best protection artifacts you can find. Train mana after reaching circle 4 (Fire Mage) or 5 (Water Mage). If you play Fire Mage, save 30 skillpoints to use when you join the Water Mages. When you reached Circle 5, save 40 skillpoints to use when you can learn Circle 6. Spend the rest in Mana.

Spend money on manapotions, runes and protection artifacts.

Monk *
Try killing stuff without using weapons. Heheh...
Use 'poker' or the Kama like axe the skeletons is using...
Defenitly try to defeat enemies with using storm fist =)
Learn acrobatics.

(It wouldnt work )

Ranger *
Focus on training Bow
Learn how to sneak and learn all the 'take animal stuff' skills.
Maximize your dexterity.

Spend your money on arrows and dexterityboosting artifacts.

(Still needs 2h sword or magic to defeat the final enemies)

Rogue *
Same as Ranger, but also learn at least 1h weapons and as many thiefskills as possible. =o)
Learn Acrobatics...

(Still needs 2h sword or magic to defeat the final enemies)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:32 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

And, try to play Lawful Good.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:22 pm
The Raven
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for the tips above, i havent the game yet, I live in Belgium, and the game is not out yet.End December i think.Umm what is Charm?
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:42 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

PaulDenton
----------
Bit difficult without law

The Raven
---------
Charm is a rather useless magespell in my opionion. Its supposed to turn enemies against other enemies, but to me, it always fails.

In Gothic you buy a "Rune" for each spell you like to use. Then you can buy Scrolls as a Warrior if you really want to use some magic.
You can have 6 quickslots for wanted spells. Everytime you try to use a Rune or Scroll you waste a minor portion of mana that is regained by consuming mana potions/herbs. (or sleeping).
Scrolls can be used by anyone, but are wasted after you use it once. Runes are endless.

There are five different types of magic, but two major types. The major are Fire and Water, but there are also Necromancy and 2 types of "Divine magic". The stronger the spell is, the better you must be in magic to use the rune (unless you are using scrolls, see above).

There are no real classes in Gothic. My little message here was just a result of a brain that works overtime =)
Im trying to find ways to experience this game more than I already have... Trying to offer myself a bit more replay value, even if I speak out loud when thinking. =)

In reality you only have three options - Magic, Range fighting or Melee fighting. Then you are able to combine them if you wish. Its more fun to combine them, but you will be much more competent if you focus on one path.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 6:18 pm
The Raven
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thank you for your info JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:41 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

No problem