Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
2nd Ring of Strength?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I'm trying to make a save so that I will be able to join any camp I want and choose a guild. I'm not going to use any of my skill points. I've found the Orc Hammer, and I'm trying to devise a way to use it without spending any skill points on strength. I've gotten the +5 from Horatio, bringing me to 15 out of 22 required. I bought a +5 strength ring from Cronos, bringing me to 20 out of 22 required. I know Baal Cadar (or however you spell it, the Swamp Camp runes/scrolls/rings/etc guy) doesn't have a strength ring. The only other place I can think of is the Fire Mages. Now, to get into the castle I either need to join a camp, or bribe Thorus with 1000 ore. While I could easily pay Thorus and make my money back, I would rather not go to that trouble if I can help it. Does anyone know where I can find another strength ring/amulet?

P.S. Wait... Wasn't Nekk's amulet like +3 strength? I'm gonna go see if I can beat up the Shadow I gave it to and get it back.
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:54 am

Well that amulet was +5 Weapons Protection . Does ANYBODY know where I can find another ring that gives at least +2 strength? You can't BUY one from the fire mages, the only way you can get one from them is to choose it as your reward for bringing them the letter. Being that I would only need the ring on a somewhat temporary basis, I'd rather not waste my reward on this. Any ideas folks?
Post Mon Dec 24, 2001 9:40 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You are waisting your time. JemyM created such a save a short time ago. See his thread.

GothicDot will host the save in a few days.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:12 am

Well, why bother playing the game at all then if you can just download a save from a short time from the end of the game? I'd rather do it on my own .
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:45 am

If you do all the prerequisites for joining the Old Camp you can get into the castle and still not join. That is how I created my save game.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:49 am

I got in the castle but I found out that the fire mages don't have any kind of artifact that increases strength for sale .
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:10 pm