Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Editing your Face mesh is it possible witht he face helper
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Do you like one handed or two handed weapons?
One handed.
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Two handed.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author Thread
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Editing your Face mesh is it possible witht he face helper

Is it possible to somehow edit your face with the face helper. Im getting the feeling that you insert the numbers he gives you somewere but I don't know were, so if anyone could help me resolve this problem I would be eternaly in your debt.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 1:17 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Robar the II,

As far as i'm aware the "face helper" does not "stick" with any settings, its exactly what it called, it helps to 'identify' the types of face/head/mesh, and even the data above the head is not compatible with the text/hex data in the code.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 11:47 am
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Oh it doesn't. Darn I was hoping to be able to edit my face to look like xardas or something but to bad. Also is it possible to change your voice, not your voice pitch, but just your actualy voice track at least cuse that would be awsome. I tried editing the voice collum but nothing happend so I'm guesing I did something wrong?
Post Mon May 03, 2004 7:46 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

By using Goman and Vdfs.exe (G2ver) you can change (swap the head/mesh/skin. Normally this would be applied globally (to all similar) heads,
but as there is only one pc-hero, there's no problem, but again its a bit tedious manually re-inserting all the files back to compiled. I wish (and i allways thought it could) where you could swap "one" file then rebuild.
Yes, xardas's head can be changed this way, Muds head in G2, etc' etc'
Post Tue May 04, 2004 11:12 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes you can permentely by hex editing.

You can change your hero face mesh and head shape permenately by hex editing in the correct number into the gothic.dat file.

I showed a person in exact easy detail how to do this within the Mod discussion thread.

Each NPC including hero has that unique ID number that stores that data individually.

How to find the hero string with a simple hex editor, change the apropriate numbers for the face mesh, then aslo the 12 head shapes if you wish. Easy. Use the search engine to finds the spot within that long ass thread.

No file is safe from mein evil Hex Editor!...

Other news of worth note:

English Raven text Mod alpha coming soon to a website near you....

Rollen-spiel.de now accepts PayPal and credit card for USA shipping.....

There is a trick to install the German Raven over the original English G2...
add patch and viola! You got English text and subtitles with 70% original English speech!

Only 30 EUR...plus shipping and handling...ships worldwide....

Sale good and make Atari look stupid....then they start selling the add-on..it does exist the full version in English..maybe someone pirated it....hehehe

Should not leave disk sitting alone on the desk....Mr. Dietrich is fast and good...

"Das ist eine way to get out auf contract mit Geld unter die table."
Post Wed May 05, 2004 12:56 am
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok thanks for the tip unfortunitly i have no idea how to use hex although ive heard of it and i would prob screw up my comp if i move around files but thanks for the help guys.
Post Sat May 08, 2004 5:15 pm