Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
the best GOTHIC
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Which do you think is the best Gothic ever made?
GOTHIC 1
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
GOTHIC 2
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothic 2 with addon and german version got very nice voice acting imo , it sounds very belivable like that NPC is real
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:13 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hey all. Lonnnnnnng time reader, first time poster.

I think I'd have to pick 2 just for it's size. They're both the best RPGs ever imo. They aren't games - they're events of epic proportion. True art.

One thing I didn't like about Gothic 2 was the physical & mental immobility between NPCs. For instance, - The King knows about the orc attacks. After a long time "waiting," he finally moves 30 feet - just to the entrance of the upper quarter. Too much "waiting" in Gothic 2. Remember in Gothic 1, meeting those two templars on the way to the old mine? I forgot their names (argh) but I'd be out running around at night and just "bump" into them. They were the two templars that collect secretion and teach you how to do it. These kind of things are fantastic, and add to the "alive" feeling that Gothic does so well - (even though, I always ended up killing them both for the King's Sword.)

Or Diego. I'm sure you all talked about this 1000 times already so I'll be quick. Diego's voice actor in the first Gothic was so cash. The second "southern" Diego was really a bummer to me... I was so anxious to meet him and it bugged me he wasn't the same. I didn't care about Lares & others much. Gothic's voice acting is A+ all the way, imo.

These problems with Gothic 2 aren't serious to me though. Just little things, in little numbers. Could've been worse : I don't know if you guys ever played "Chrono Cross." It's the sequal to an old and excellent SNES RPG called "Chrono Trigger." Chrono Cross started out great - but after awhile I noticed people joined my party before they hardly knew my name. Before I knew it, I had about 30 party members - most of whom I never had the chance to even get to know. This is an example of a similar, but more serious problem. I never finished it after that.

- Gothic 2 didn't make a mistake like this. Everything was alive, and everything had opinions. I remember talking & hearing "Why? So I can go out and kill innocent beasts?!" from a greater warrior on Onar's farm (anyone know who? hehe) in Gothic 2 and I actually felt a pang of guilt for a split second. An NPC influenced me, even if for a second. Gothic isn't a game, it's a way of life.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:54 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

I prefered gothic 1 because It had better dailogus and better story
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:31 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

G1 for ever!!!
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:36 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

G1 was also probably nice becose everyone of them inside the colony are the same bandits , cuttroats and murders like you are , u feeled like u are in home
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:09 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

G1 was much better because there the camps were better organized:
-leaders (saturas, Y'berion, Gomez)
-mages (water, fire, and the other ones - can't remember their names)
-guards (mercenaries, templars, guards)
-lower level recrutes (roges, shadows, novices)
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:53 am
George Rouvalis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i prefer G2 cuz i've never plaied G1
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:33 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well you should try to get a hold on gothic 1 and play it too because you are missing the first of a great trilogy
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:38 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by titus
well you should try to get a hold on gothic 1 and play it too because you are missing the first of a great trilogy

TRY TO FIND AND PLAY IT - the only advice you'll hear from me
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:42 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

True. You REALLY have to play G1 if you liked G2. It was the same for me. After I finished G2 I was interested how the first part was, so I've tryed it... And loved it.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:50 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Gothic 1 has a far better atmosfere then G2, a better storyline, better music (and to me) less bugs. Gothic 2 Has better Graphics (and to some people but not to me) better controls . Its 4 to 2 easy choice
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:54 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

I also played G2 first and after that i searched for G1 for weeks 'till i found a place i can finally get it from without hearing "This game is not availble in the storeage right now, please try again later" and stuff like that... but i still liked G2 better...
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:24 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

quote:
Originally posted by Pikkon
I also played G2 first and after that i searched for G1 for weeks 'till i found a place i can finally get it from without hearing "This game is not availble in the storeage right now, please try again later" and stuff like that... but i still liked G2 better...

everywere i tried, they didn't have the original Gothic 1 so i borrowed it from a friend of mine - good thing it playes the CD inserted
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:40 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

you can actually get Gothic 1 for very cheap also now cos its pretty old allready so i go and give it a try a very good game , you will most deffenetly love it
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:10 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Gothic1 was better because it had more mysteries
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:30 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next