Entering City bug
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Rithe
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Entering City bug

Well, I found a bug, don't know if it's new or not though. Didn't do a search for it. (yes, shame on me)
I entered first through the harbor area. Not very easy actually. Got the 500 exp, and then went to the front gate and entered as a farmer. I left later with Lares going to the farm. When I returned to the city, they want me to bribe them with 100 gold to get in. Both entrances in fact. I can't do the farmer thing anymore either. I even went by harbor entrance again, but that didn't help. They still want the money.
I guess this is for 2 reasons. 1: to inform people to leave by the other entrance to make sure they know you. And 2: I want to become a Fire Mage, will 200 gold throw me off too much? Oh, I could just fight the guy in the harbor district a bit to make it back...
Thanks

Rithe
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:46 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

You have to pay the addmision fee to the monastery and buy a sheep.At the beggining of the game 200 gold is a lot but I don't think that losing 200 gold will affect you severily.Guess you'll have to go hunting and get the money back.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:02 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

I remember that entering the monastery to join them you had to bring a sheep and pay 1.000gold not 200gold.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:59 pm
Rithe
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

200 gold

The 200 gold was for bribing the guards. BUt it only ended up being 100. Although they were calling me a troublemaker, and when I went to Andre, he mentioned me beating me someone up. So total it was 150. I just can't recall beating anyone up where they would care. There were people in the harbor district: the guy hammering, the mapseller, Moe, maybe another. All but he mapseller are quest related though... Oh well. On to more adventures.
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:26 pm