Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Help needed...Level 2 crypt need 2 more discs..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Slachkey
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Help needed...Level 2 crypt need 2 more discs..

Ok, I've searched and searched but I can't find 2 of the six discs that I need to complete the puzzle to get the Sheild of the Ancients.

I've also searched this board and the official Arx board and I'm still having trouble finding the horseshoe shape and cirlce discs. I even went so far as to load up a save just before the crypt and start all over and I still couldn't find the same 2 discs. All of the guides and peoples suggestions say that there are 2 discs for each area/level of the crypt. Well, in the very first level I can only find 1. Supposedly this level is where the horseshoe shape disc is but I've been through the level about 20 times now and it is nowhere to be found.

Yes, I have downloaded the walkthrough from this site (great walkthrough by the way, kudos to whichever of you guys made it) but it doesn't get specific enough.

Please someone help me out here.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Carved Stones (Spoiler)

The stones are here: 2 in Crypt level 4 rooms 35 and 37 in a tomb you must open, 2 in crypt level 5, room 6 that you open with key, and room 11 on body on ground , and crypt level 6, rooms 2 in one of the tombs in the circle, and room 6 in a tomb. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:46 pm
Slachkey
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

cmckj50:

Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll try this out tonight when I get home.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stones

No problem. If you need any other help, just post on the forum. We are all glad to help. This is a great game, but it can hang you up in places.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:57 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I am in the crypt and it says level 6 but I'm using map L5. I am also missing 2 stones so I will look where you mentioned above. I do have a question about room 9 and 7. Am I supposed to be able to get in them? I have tried but there locked so far. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:59 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm on the level 7 map of the crypts. There are a lot of switches and some pressure plates. Around room #10 and at the end of a hall with a pressure plate and #33. I am running in circles and there is no help on the walkthrough that I found. I can't get into the big round room#5. Someone give me some help here please!! Thanks!!
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:09 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Help.(Big Spoiler)

O.K. first is rooms 9 and 7. If you are on level 7, crypt level 4, then key to 9 is found in room 8. and room 7 opens by way of lever in room 6 I think. Now if you are on level 5 crypt level 2 then you open door 9 by pulling the levers in room 8 in the order you found in the note on the body of Azrael. Room 7 you have to pick the lock. I found this very hard and had to come back to it after uping technical skills later in game.
Now for the lost souls halls. This is pain. I would really suggest you print out a copy of the map for that level there is an enlargement of the Hall of Souls for you to see.
Here is the way you want to start. First go back to where the gate is locked to room 5. From here, moving into the Hall of Souls, you turn L into room then R into hallway, straight till get to next hall that goes L and R and you will first go L. This is dead end so just go until you find lever and activate it. Now back track to that hall, and continue straight. (On your R is hall going back to starting point. Don't go there.) Past that starting hall on the R is alcove with Red lever. Don't touch. Keep straight and follow hall as it zigs a little, past 33 and straight up into another alcove. Push lever (#3). Now a wall has opened and you can get to room 33. Clean it out. Go back to the R as you leave 33 and take first R you can take. Take that hall straight, even though it bends here and there, past hall on both sides of you, until you walk into a wall, now go L and then R and then the first L. You should end up in alcove again. Push lever (# 4). Leave here and go straight until you hit wall again then first L and stay to left until you get to large room. There are two levers in here. Lever # 5 is on wall to the R as you enter the room. On the wall I think this time. push both and feel free to check out the new room that just opened. Now back track to the hall and stay to your L all the way until you find a floor with spikes I think, and there is a switch on wall across from you. Shoot with arrow or levitae over and push it to close the trap. Now turn L and see lever # 6. Push it. Now back track again and always stay to the Left until you get to the first dead end you find on the R. There is one R hall before it, so pass that up. Take that L hall and see Lever# 7. Hit it. Now back track again to the hall you passed up to get here and turn L. Walk into wall, turn L, walk into wall, turn R. Go to end of hall, turn R into alcove, find lever # 8. Hit it. Now back track to the first hall you come to one the R, turn and then take the first L and find alcove with lever # 9. Now back track to first R you can take and stay in main halls until yu get to hall you took to get to lever 6 and 7. Now go toward 7 but stay to R this time and the gate to room 5 will now be open. This is hard and don't feel bad if you get lost. I did several times. Have fun. Haha.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:42 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Big mistake I made!!

I layed out the where abouts of all the levers and didn't put the right final sequence in for you. Please don't hate me. I admit I made a BIG mistake. The sequence for levers are 1-4-5-6-5-7-8-9. I really messed up. I need to be horse whipped I know. I hope you found the answer somewhere sooner that this. I am sorry.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:51 am