Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A somewhat different problem with the temple lever.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I see one other post about this problem Im having but It didnt really answer my question..... or maybe it has and I just dont want to start all over again, anyway:

Toward the middle of the game whilst searching for the 5 runes I stumbled across an orc camp...town..., anyway when I approached the bridge they would attack me. Later I found a back entrance over the mountains and gained access to both areas in the orc town. Well since they tried to kill me before and I was much better now I summoned a bunch of skeletons to kick thier bootys.... the end result being no orc left alive in the entire town.

Now Im at the part where I have to go into the temple but the lever wont move, Ive gotten the statue and I have the orc teleport spell but nothing happens. Is this a game bug? Do I have to start all over and not kill all the orcs in the camp inorder for the game to continue? If so is there some sort of "walk through" walls cheat that I could use just for this part of the game?

Any suggestions would be much appreaciated.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:50 pm
Chirox
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I killed everyone in that camp as well (I like having my back clear) and I did not have a problem...

Are you sure that you pressed the lever by the door with the statue in your inventory? That should raise the gate... And using the teleport spell in front of the gate should teleport you inside... I recommend opening the gate however since you might need to go in and out of the place a few times...

If none of this works for you then you are experiencing a bug, yes... I don't know of any cheats or walkthroughs though, but I am sure they exict (usable cheats anyway)...

[ This Message was edited by: Chirox on 2001-12-05 02:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Chirox on 2001-12-05 02:50 ]
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:47 am
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yeah I tried all those things, when I try to use the teleport he just shrugs when he tries to cast it. And the lever still doesnt move..... anyway I'll just start all over and become a magician this time instead of a fighter.

But when I first began my attack on the orc camp I turned into a blood fly and buzzed my way to the shamans praying to the idol and stung one of them. Well it pissed them all off and they began hurling fire balls at me and ended up hiting the orc temple guards which inturn attacked them. After the battle I saw these strange boxes hovering over thier corpses....... I was the fly so I couldnt really examine them.... but those most of been a bug as well.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:59 pm
Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You went to the orc camp WAY TOO Early in the game.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:04 pm
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bah, I was merly being creative when approached by a particular situation. I had no idea the orc camp had any real significance and was just a place I could gain a bunch of experience points with.

I mean you'd think they'd let you know not to kill the orcs by making them invincible like the king and that guard at the gate.

In most of the cases I visted the places way to early, all thanks to being able to turn into a bloodfly and fly over the mountains... which may explain why it crashed so much....hmmmmm.......
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:16 pm