Usergroups
Questions, questions, questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Kobal2

Questions, questions, questions...

Just got the game, but a couple of questions remain :

- what's with the bow ? The arrows I fire seem to fly completely erraticaly...Out in the wilderness my aim is good only as long as I am either on the same plane or below a mob...But inside the smugglers cave I tried to fire from the door to the first rogue, only to watch my arrows go AWOL...I even tried leading a bit, of firing with an arc (I was a *mean* shot in Thief ) but to no avail...So what's up ? Does your aim get better with higher skill ? Something I missed in the manual ?

- what's the point of medium or light armors as opposed to heavy ? Are there unseen mods to sneak/hit rates, or to spellcasting or else ? Or is it only a weight and speed thing ?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:31 pm

Somnus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Answers, answers answers!

-You hit it on the head there, the accuracy with the bow is almost completely dependant on your Marksman skill. In a d&d vain, the computer 'rolls' to see if you hit your target, if you win the roll (easier the higher your Marksman skill is) you'll hit your target.

-Light and Medium armor are discussed in another thread in this forum, might want to check it out. But basically, the lighter armors allow more freedom of movement, and speed. Also far easier to sneak etc. with light armor as opposed to heavy. As someone pointed out in the other thread, loot is heavy in MW, the lighter your gear, the more loot you can carry.
As well as all this, light armor is far from useless, and can afford quite a bit of protection itself, particularly glass gear.

Hope some of this helps
Somnus
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:58 pm
Kobal2

Hmmm

I thought that that "to hit roll" would be made when the arrow lands on the monster "toon", not that it would make the arrow go completely off crosshair...Guess I'll be stuck with point-blank shooting for some time
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:07 pm