best chapter
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

best chapter

What is your favourite chapter? As usual, I will state my opinion after a few posts.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:07 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Despite how great the game was as it developed, I will still say Chapter one. The differences that struck me from G1 to G2 floored me. The graphics, the differences in game play, the difficulty level right off the bat. All of this combined to delight me and make me more than aware that this was definitely not G1.
Mark Twain
Post Thu May 20, 2004 3:12 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I really enjoyed chapter 1.

chapter 2 was okay. the music was getting very repetitive.

chapter 3 was okay. the game was easy. I felt like I was just doing a lot of chores

I was sick of the music in chapter 4. killing a bunch of stuff. that's about it.

I enjoyed chapter 5. Camaraderie was developing between the hero and his group of friends. I took everyone with me.

chapter 6 was okay. it was ridiculously easy. the ending was very unexpected though. I didn't know what to expect since abuyin's prophacy said evil will prevail.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:57 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: best chapter

I played as a fighter mage. And after several times, my favourite chapters are still C2 &C4. There are many reasons for it:

1. It feels good to be in the open space. I can take advantage of the topography( big rocks, bridges, cliffs... ) to defeat the opponents.Of course, If needed I can run and lure the enemies to face them one on one.

2. Unlike in C1 which my char is unguild, here he is a competent fighter whether as a master swordman or a magician.

3. Unlike C6 where the view is often blocked by his body. This is a design fault of the third person RPG, which I think can be improved.

4. C4 is perhaps better than C2 since it has 4 nice dragons and the use of magic.

C1 is tense and pretty exciting. However, somehow I want it over fast to get into the guilds.

C3 is ok.

The final chapter, C6 is ok too but the undead dragon is not so much interesting. It 's like the same show over. The mage at this stage is TOO POWERFUL and needs something to match the power.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 2:57 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Chapter four is my favourite. You'll be in a higher guild, nice armor and the eye of Innos and there's a lot to do. You can clean the entire valley of mines and kill the dragons or go right back to Khorinis and (as a paladin) go after the Orc Warlords or (as a dragonhunter) go after the dragon eggs or (as a mage) you can kill the very few seekers that are walking around ANyway, a lot of options.

As number two, I say chapter one. Everything is new, you can do a lot of new quests and so.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 8:06 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

I like Chapter 1 and 2:

Chapter 1: I love chapter 1 because it was my absolute first time playing Gothic 2 in a new environment with everything left to do. I also loved the fact that at a farm your old merc buddies lived so I went and joined them and the reunion was really sweet for me.

Chapter 2: You get to go back to the colony and see all of what happened after the barrier disappeared since the Gothic 1 ending was so dull. Finding a way through the Orcs around the castle was also challenging. Also keep in mind I only played the game through once.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Fri May 21, 2004 3:25 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well exactly the same as Killerofevils II, but I only finished G2 once too
Post Fri May 21, 2004 9:24 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

As everyone I would say Chapter 1
Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:28 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

Chapter 1, the reasons are mentioned above.

Also, because I like it very much, that "my" hero is weak and vulnerable, and I have to feed him, make him stronger in different ways. The feeling is: high tension. And when he is getting a bit stronger, so relieved ...
Post Fri May 28, 2004 3:47 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The best chapter was offcource c1 but the second best in my oppinion were c3.
You got a higher role in your guild and there's a lot of story progress.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 4:47 pm