Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What bit of hidden humor struck you as damn funny?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Lisje
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

It appears the forum has relaxed a bit on exactly what is a spoiler, so I'll post mine now. It has been heavily editted, but those who have played the game for a while should be able to tell what I am referring to.

At one point I needed to approach a wizard nobleman whom everyone describes as "ill-tempered" and basically ask him for approval on a quest. Since I was on an almost opposing faction, even with my incredible personality *blush* he still only viewed me at about 40. After patiently admiring and flattering him, I finally got him to 84 and decided to broach my request. His response went something like this - "We need someone to do that? Why does no one TELL me these things? You want the job, and you're qualified? Fine, its yours. Now leave me alone!"

I laughed out loud, the tension release was great. What a wonderful piece of scripting for those of us who prefer the silver tongue to the silver blade whenever possible (because I just might have changed tactics otherwise)
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:01 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, I did this yesterday...

I had just met the lady who promised to give me the Boots of Blinding Speed, but then she told me she wanted to go to Gnaar Mok. I was not happy, I had to get to the Redoran Stronghold to whack its owner, so I could get back to my own (recently finished) Stronghold to organize all of my goods. After beating her down for the boots, I decided to use them to get to my destination quicker. I saved, of course, and tried to run, but I was always hampered by hills and mountains... after a bit of time on impulse engines, I thought about levitating with the boots. It worked--- I was over the Stronghold (by the little map) in less than two minutes. Life was good, until I decided to take my boots off, little did I realize, I had angled my mouse up just a slight bit too much while flying, and I was about 4,000 feet off the ground. I tried to cast slow fall, but it wore off too soon, and I got splattered on a Redoran Retainer.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:33 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Water Walking=Hard ground?

So I pissed off an ordinator outside on Hlaalu compound. but before i reloaded, I wanted to get away. So I was winging it, and as I ran, i tossed off a quick Water Walking, alright? So I came to the edge I was running for, and in true Arnold Scharzenegger style, jumped from the waistworks level down to the water below for the perfect getaway. KER-SPLAT. It does seem that when water walking is on, the water is considered ground. So I was faced with the rather ridiculous picture of my corpse lying face-down ON TOP of the water while I was just laughing my *ss off.

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:18 am
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Not really 'hidden' humour - but..

Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:25 am
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I suppose Bethesda wanted us to make a joke out of those bloody cliff racers?

Make a caption for this then :/

Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:34 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Water Walking=Hard ground?

quote:
Originally posted by Lawnmower
...and in true Arnold Scharzenegger style, jumped from the waistworks level down to the water below for the perfect getaway. KER-SPLAT. It does seem that when water walking is on, the water is considered ground.

LMAO!!!
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:37 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Caption for photo

When the Nerevarine says no, she means no!
or:
For Walter, "gone to the birds" just acquired a horrible new meaning.
or:
In a horrible twist of fate, pheasent-huntinh has come full circle...

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:07 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Water Walking=Hard ground?

quote:
Originally posted by Lawnmower
It does seem that when water walking is on, the water is considered ground.

This reminded me of a misadventure from last night... I'm on my way to that wizard's tower to find the cure for corpus(sp?) disease, so I teleport to Wolverine Hall:Mages Guild. Instead of walking out through the door like all normal people, I decide to take a shortcut over the wall. My Acrobatics are at around 87 and my Strength is 95. My encumberance was 23/495 (or some such thing), meaning I could jump very high. So I make it to the wall, and jump on the ramparts. I look down and find a nice patch of water, right next to some clams... I figure I can make it to the water and be safe. So there goes the jump... wow that was high... falling... falling... *SPLAT*

I guess knee deep water doesn't cushion your fall too well.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:59 pm
Tiercel

This was more of a surprise than something humorous, but it made me laugh all the same.

I'm almost at the end of the fighter's guild quests. If you're doing this, too, and don't want a spoiler, stop reading.

If not, scroll down.

I was in Vivec getting promoted and getting new orders. On my way out of the guild, I stopped to talk to this orc there who I'd used before to repair armor and for whom I'd done one quest. But as soon as I talked to him, he attacked!

He said that he'd heard I'd been promoted to Champion, which was his rank, and there's no way he was going to let me have his job.

I was so surprised, and laughing, that he got in a few free hits on me. Then I took him out.

I am the champion, my friend...

Such a cool game.

Tiercel
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:34 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

This is a possible spoiler, so don't read if you're a vehement antispoilorist.

When I was sleeping at the Balmora mage's guild, an Ash Zombie - as per the usual - attacked me in my sleep. When I woke up, I found him in the "library" area of the Guild basement, where the female Altmer hangs out. I pounded the poo out of it with my Great Big Axe, and when I turned to the Altmer - who had watched me carve up the Zombie - she said: "Hmm, an adventurer, I presume?"

Classic.

"HELLO CALDERA!! I'M HERE ALL WEEK!!"

-Matt
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:43 am
Cloudchaser

Sadrith Mora

Once you first go to Sadrith Mora, you get a taste for just how stuck up those Telvani are. Apparently, someone else thought so, too.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but you have to go to the Gateway inn in Sadrith and do the haunting quest.

Buy the "hospitality papers" first, and then read the note that the trickster tells you to give to the Telvani mage.

"The supreme grand high wizards with digits . . . . "

Funniest thing I've seen yet.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:46 am

Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Not sure how much this will tickle you all, I might just be easy to please, but;

I decided to try to solve the murder of Ralen Hlaano in Balmora. After all I come direct from a triumph of super sluthing over the murdered tax collector at the start of the game.

So anyway, I ask an Orc for gossip and he says "Everyone is still talkling about the murder of Ralen Hlaano"

I thought, ha! Straight off the bat I have a lead, so I scrolled down the list and asked him specifically about Ralen Hlaano and he said
"WHO?"

Badger IS the worlds most terrible detective
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:38 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2