Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Do i need the ULU-MULU if i've killed the orcs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Nik
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I ve killed all the orcs and i still have to get the ULU-MULU. That's quite annoying since you have to look for rare monsters all over the world. (monstars you've killed before without getting what you needed from them)

[ This Message was edited by: Nik on 2002-02-16 17:43 ]
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:30 pm
Legendary
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Its worth about 15,000 exp points or so to do get it so its not like its not worth it even if all the orcs are dead
Post Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:33 pm
Icarus Wing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also did not need it to complete the Orc temple, but afterwards the XP was worth it.

and on the note of XP, keep in mind that you can use scrolls to summon creatures, then slay them for the XP. I did it when they were a hit or 2 away from death from fighting for me in an attemp to convince myself that it's not a cheat.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:07 am
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

quote:

On 2002-02-16 17:30, Nik wrote:
I ve killed all the orcs and i still have to get the ULU-MULU. That's quite annoying since you have to look for rare monsters all over the world. (monstars you've killed before without getting what you needed from them)

[ This Message was edited by: Nik on 2002-02-16 17:43 ]

I have never been able to enter the Orc Temple without the Ulu-mulu, whether I've killed the Orcs or not.

And as for GETTING the Ulu-mulu, I can do it in ten minutes flat; the monsters you need all respawn at least one individual so you can do this.

1. Teleport to Swamp Camp, hack a shark, grab a tooth.

2. Teleport to New Camp, sprint to Troll where the focus was, kill him and grab a tusk.

3. Teleport to Xardas, jump off his tower spike, sprint to the Orc Town bridge, kill the fire lizard, yank out his tongue.

4. If I don't already have at least one Shadowbeast horn in my inventory (they're not exactly rare), I just teleport to the Swamp Camp again and sprint to the forest where one is respawned and waiting.

5. Teleport back to the New Camp, sprint to the mine, see Tarrok, get the Ulu-mulu, it's over.

That's all you have to do.

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-02-16 20:37 ]
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 2:36 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

If you haven't gotten the Ulu-mulu, then I don't think you've killed all the orcs yet. If memory serves, the gate won't open until you get it. You may have killed all of them outside the gate, but there are many more inside.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:11 am