Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
ANYONE WITH GEFORCE 2MX post here their experience. thanks.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hendrixman

ANYONE WITH GEFORCE 2MX post here their experience. thanks.

i have one of this an many people too. i would like to know how it performs with this game.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:53 am

Funny Cuntface

Oddly, the GeForce 2 MX causes all of the characters in Morrowind to appear as GIANT WALKING PLACENTAS. Another known issue is that the MX also causes the word FUCK to flash on the screen at all times. And the last known issue is that if you play morrowind and save more than five times, the Geforce 2 MX causes your PC to catch fire and explode.
Post Fri May 03, 2002 5:24 am

quote:
Originally posted by Funny Cuntface
Oddly, the GeForce 2 MX causes all of the characters in Morrowind to appear as GIANT WALKING PLACENTAS. Another known issue is that the MX also causes the word FUCK to flash on the screen at all times. And the last known issue is that if you play morrowind and save more than five times, the Geforce 2 MX causes your PC to catch fire and explode.

Had the same problem but then I called God and he/she/wathever helped me out.

I run it in 1024x768. distance to a medium...towards the close. not the middle And real life shadows to full works fine. 35-40 fps. in 800x600 it runs even better ofcourse. gf2 wont get the pixel shaders. thats snootch up the game abit. like prettier water and so forth...but hey fuck it! THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING GAME EVER!!...plus I get this close to having a orgasm every time i play it (,)

specs:
duron 950
256 133mhz ram ddr(266mhz then yo know)
gf2 mx 400 32mb(overclocked to 215core 200mem)
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:29 am

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
quote:
Originally posted by Funny Cuntface

Had the same problem but then I called God and he/she/wathever helped me out.

I run it in 1024x768. distance to a medium...towards the close. not the middle And real life shadows to full works fine. 35-40 fps. in 800x600 it runs even better ofcourse. gf2 wont get the pixel shaders. thats snootch up the game abit. like prettier water and so forth...but hey fuck it! THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING GAME EVER!!...plus I get this close to having a orgasm every time i play it (,)

specs:
duron 950
256 133mhz ram ddr(266mhz then yo know)
gf2 mx 400 32mb(overclocked to 215core 200mem)

P.s
DAMN IM funny
D.S
/sunspot
Post Fri May 03, 2002 7:30 am

Glasgow

GeForce 2 MX

Hey I'm new to this forum, but I thought I would give my impressions. My computer is a P3 1GHZ, 384 RAM, SBLIVE 5.1, 64 meg GeForce 2 MX, Windows ME. I just bought the game yesterday. I played it for an hour without any problems other then the initial cutscenes. The music was a little choppy during them. All the settings are on and there is no slow down . I understand that most people have GeForce 3/4 but if you have a GeForce 2 with enough Ram then you should be fine. Don't go out and buy a 200-300 dollar video card.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 1:18 pm

dahool
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Surprisingly, a GeForce2MX doesn't seem to be that bad for Morrowind if you want to play it in a "playable" way (and not expect everything to be 100% perfect).

My experience with my little brother's Duron 900 / 320MB-SD / GeForce2 MX in WinXP :
Runs at 18-25fps at 1024x768 with 50% view distance / minimized shadows / Low Sound Quality.
Absolutely playable in the outback, still very acceptable in towns/castles, couldn't run smoother in dungeons/rooms.

Two things I did before installing Morrowind: Defragment your HDD, get newest drivers for sound/graphic adapter, and install the no-CD "patch" to remove the SECUROM-slowdown in the copy protection of Morrowind.
I have the storebought CD, but why accept a 15-20% slowdown if you payed for this?

On my main computer, an Athlon XP 1800 / 512 MB-DDR / GeForce 3Ti200 @ 220/474, it runs perfect at everything maxed, 1280x960.

I have never seen such realistic and breathtaking scenery!

- dahool
Post Sat May 04, 2002 5:57 pm