summoned creatures runes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

summoned creatures runes

My mage is at the end of C5 and he has all the necessary runes to complete the game (lightning,wave of death and holy missile), but I have some learning points left so I want to invest in some runes just for fun (destroy undead, summon demon, awaken golem and army of darkness). But I need a couple of stone golem 's hearts and a demon's heart. I pretty much cleaned all the golem and demons in both Khorinis and VoM.

Do you think those monstered will respawn somewhere for me, but where?
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Nope, there won't be any golems respawning anymore. But Lutero sells a Golem's heart and maybe Gorax too. Otherwise you can insert some hearts with the Marvinmode.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:12 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Lutero sells both stone golem and demon heart, but not Gorax. At least not in my game.

There is only one of each in the store. If you use it on summon demon, you won't have another one available for army of darkness.

I want to create shrink monster but can't find a troll tusk anywhere in the store. bummer.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:47 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you're interested you can also find a summon goblin skeleton rune somewhere, I heard one guy say he summoned masses of those and they slayed a dragon.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:36 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: summoned creatures

I summoned 2 demons and they fought each other to the death.
Among the sommoning spells, army of darkness is probably the most effective.
Did anyone try to match up a summoned golem and a troll?

quote:

I want to create shrink monster but can't find a troll tusk anywhere in the store. bummer.

learn remove teeth from Gromm or Gaan.
Post Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:53 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: summoned creatures

quote:

If you're interested you can also find a summon goblin skeleton rune somewhere, I heard one guy say he summoned masses of those and they slayed a dragon.

Is that real true. . I think that army of darkness is much more effective and castng time is the same. Last time I used summoned goblins trying to kill the sheep rustlers But they kill every single of them and nearly got me.
Post Sat May 01, 2004 1:27 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I can't believe those goblins skeletons kill the dragons by itself, their attack isn't high enough to hurt the dragon. They have 30 strength and a heavy branch, that makes a total damage of 40, while the weakest dragon (from the swamp) has 90 armor, the others even more. They don't even hurt him.

You can better use those goblins skeletions to distract the dragon and keep it busy. The dragon will go crazy, due to all the running goblins and then you'll have a easy kill. They can't hurt the dragon but they still hit him and so it doesn't know which one to attack
Post Sun May 02, 2004 1:54 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I can't believe those goblins skeletons kill the dragons by itself, their attack isn't high enough to hurt the dragon. They have 30 strength and a heavy branch, that makes a total damage of 40, while the weakest dragon (from the swamp) has 90 armor, the others even more. They don't even hurt him.

Hey, I only wrote down what I heared.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 5:41 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by EDV
quote:
Originally posted by Sem

Hey, I only wrote down what I heared.

Don't worry, I'm not accusing you of anything. It was just to clear things out. You can kill dragons massing skeletons, but goblin skeletons are just too weak.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 7:15 pm
Boeman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Use Army of Darkess. Skeletons are really the only creatures worth summoning. Golems and Daemons will simply attack each other if you summon more than one which, unfortunately, makes them useless (no such problem in Gothic 1). Very early on in the game I cleared out entire valleys using 5 or 6 skeletons at a time.

Consider this:

Summoning a goblin skeleton requires 30 mana.

Summoning a skeleton requires 30 mana.

Summoning a Golem requires 30-40 mana (not sure which).

Summoning a Daemon requires 50 mana.

Army of Darkess summons 6 skeletons at a cost of 60 mana.

You can easily oblierate the entire sieging orc army by keeping just 24 skeletons at your back. 8 skeletons is sufficient to kill a dragon. The real danger of course, is the amount of lag they can generate and the possibly of being boxed in by your own summoned skeletons whilst trying to flee from several orc elites.

Compared with Gothic 1, Summoned skeletons are more deadly in Gothic 2 because they don't take their time circling around the enemy as they did in the original.

However, they only last about 30 seconds which limits the total amount you can summon at any one time if you have a low mana pool. It's almost useless to use skeletons against a band of paladins since they are so easily destroyed without army of darkess. The knights at the docks required 80 skeletons to defeat for instance. Daemons and golems would have been much more useful in this case.

I do recall summoning skeletons in the New Camp in the original Gothic (home of the Ice Dragon in Gothic 2) as one my past time favorites. The rogues simply ran off like cowards while the mercenary response was much more impressive. A pity as it would have been nice to see a large scale battle take place there.
Post Tue May 04, 2004 11:16 pm