it took the whole game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
revenoor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it took the whole game

it took the whole game to get my hero(paladin) up to par to handle any situation in combat, and now the game is over! This is the second time i have played Gothic2. Will our hero go back to Korninis(sp) to face lord Hagen ? Will he go back to the valley of mines and kill all the orcs ? Or will our hero go some place else other than the island? Will he continue tobe a paladin ? what we need is another sequel! D&D is hard to play-for me- so i like jowood's game. I was amazed at the accuracy opf the game(nonbuged) and i did'nt even need a patch. Damnit what will i play now? thanks. rev.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:22 pm
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

There is a sequel in production and there is a lot of information and links around the forum if you look around.

In the sequel (Gothic 3) the hero will have much of his stats, skill and equipment reset, so no running around at the start as an all powerful high-level paladin.

There is also an expansion pack to Gothic 2 which is mentioned frequently on the boards and on fan sites.

Gothic 2 was patched before English speaking versions were sent out. Remember that it was all in German originally, so most of the faults were caught before it was released in English.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@revenoor,

[/quote]Damnit what will i play now?
quote:

The english translation for the "gothic" mod diccuric is almost ready (in beta form) this makes the original game twice the size i believe, an excellent game not to be missed, the download is free, but huge! - give it a try, i certainly will.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:00 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Re: it took the whole game

quote:
Originally posted by revenoor
it took the whole game to get my hero(paladin) up to par to handle any situation in combat, and now the game is over! This is the second time i have played Gothic2. Will our hero go back to Korninis(sp) to face lord Hagen ? Will he go back to the valley of mines and kill all the orcs ? Or will our hero go some place else other than the island? Will he continue tobe a paladin ? what we need is another sequel! D&D is hard to play-for me- so i like jowood's game. I was amazed at the accuracy opf the game(nonbuged) and i did'nt even need a patch. Damnit what will i play now? thanks. rev.

It's really Piranha Bytes' game, JoWood is only the publisher. Sorry for being nitpicky, but I really think the guys at PB deserves the appreciation.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:09 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You said you have played Gothic2 only twice. You should play through all 3 guilds at least. Paladin is probably the easiest, then dragon hunter, and mage can be quite tough if you play it wrong.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:37 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Playing as a paladin is like a walk in the park compared to the other guilds.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:22 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

I'm playing as a mage, I am still in Chapter one so technicaly I am not a mage yet, but I just wiped out almost the entire new world of creatures using almost nothing but three spell scrolls:

Transform into Shadowbeast
Transform into Warg
Transform into Dragon Snapper

I went up a couple of levels before I started using those, but as soon as I used those I shot to level 9

Best money I ever spent.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:34 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

G3 will not play on these islands, but on the mainland. It will be much bigger and better, that's something that can be told already.

Check the forum, there are a lot of posts to be found about this game (which will be released in the end of 2005 or something).
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:41 pm