Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

How does it actually work?

My character steadily rose in reputation as she exclusivly finished all the Morag Tong quests, and when she was guildmaster/mistress she ended at a reputation of 14, then she joind up with the thieves' and the fighers' guilds and got to the second highest in rank in both, reputtation still 14.

This suggests to me that reputation earned by these three guilds is not cummolative, rather I will just get the reputation from the guild that gives me the most, so if the fighter's guild or thieves' guild rank would have given me 15 if I was master there then I'd have 15 hm.

Anyway I need some mor reputation is there a way to get more of it without adding it in the console or join the blades guild? I never wanna join them, they're all crooks! hehe
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:15 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

The Blades quest increase your reputation MASSIVELY. So does joining a Great House (and rising in its ranks). I'm head of a house and nearly finished the main Blades quests and my rep is 60.

-Matt
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:37 am

yeah, but I wanna fulfill the prophecy without being in the blades

Guess I'll just have to join a house instead.

I jsut had a feeling with my first character through the game that it added up all the reputation from all the different factions, like figher's guild master was 14 and thieves guild master 14 and it added to 28 instead of just the higher of them, both being 14 so it's just 14

I'll go see if becming head of a second guild will raise it or I just have to join a house, which I inteded doing anyway.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:44 am

txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i don't think you can finish the game without joining the blades. can you? i don't want this to turn into a spoiler...
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:33 pm
hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well you asked

I was the one to psot this thread originally, finally found the sense to register, my intention is to fulfill the prophecy without being in the blades.

someone better move it to the spoiler forum now hehe

*spoiler*

Yes you can <------ this is the SPOILER!!!

And I know it for a fact, if you want more detail post back in this thread, but I have mentioned it a few times before, the only thing I miss to actually be able to do it is 20 reputation points.

Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:00 pm