Usergroups
Weed Mixer Problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
MWTBP
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got the quest from Cor Kalom to go get rid of the rival weed mixers (Weed Monopoly). I went to the new camp, down by the water is the cave (I think thats it), so I walked in there, there were 3 guys, I tried to talk to the only one with an actual name, and all it says is "end" in the talking box. I then tried to talk to the other two and they just keep saying "go away". So i just killed them and when I got back to Kalom there is nothing about the mixers in the talking box. What did I miss?? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:10 am
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

I did the same thing with the same result. I wonder if Jacko ever goes into the New Camp. In the journal he writes, I have to do it IN FRONT OF the new camp, or something along those lines. I'm wondering if that means more than location. Do you have to kill Jacko in the camp? I don't know, but that was a failed quest for me as well. I want the XPs as well!
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 10:59 pm

I think it has to be done in Chapter One. I noticeds in Ch 1 Jacko would say something like "What are you doing here?!" and attack you. But in Ch. 2 that does not happen. That's my theory as I ran into the same problem both of you did.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:26 am

DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I killed both his body guards and nearly knocked out the boss he ran all the way to NC, and I followed him eventually I got to talk to him and he gave up and said he would stop the production.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:09 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I never had that problem. The moment I entered one of them spoke to me and I completed the task with no problems what so ever.
This game is filled with strange bugs, but I find myself keep coming back for more gothic action
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:32 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

This bug is caused when Cor Kalom has two quests for you. If you have recieved the quest to deliver the weed to Gomez, and have not completed it yet and you ask "is there anything else" the quest does not work.

So, if you have a save before you talked about it, you can just get the quest to deliver the weed, then return to Kalom, complete that quest THEN ask if there is anything else. Then, when you approach the weed guys in the cave, Jacko will start dialog with you, and you can then solve the problem how you see fit.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:35 am
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Actually I had both quests running at the same time. Wasn't a problem for me.
Although when I returned to cor kalom I had to say that I'd driven those weed mixers out before I told him I had delivered the weed.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:53 am